1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Bigshot's CinemaChalet

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by bigshot, Dec 23, 2010.

1. bigshot

bigshot Well-Known Member

Stephen
    I'm putting the finishing touches on my listening room/theater... Here is with the screen down... The large space was a bit of a trick to fill with sound. The soft wood absorbed a lot of bass. But I got a great subwoofer and spent a couple of months fine tuning the EQ and it sounds great now. The speakers are situated to make everything sound good. Proper soundstage for both 5:1 movies and stereo and mono music. I've never had a better place to hang out. I work for a non profit arts organization, and I've started doing bimonthly screenings for members. It's a lot of fun to hear the gasps when the screen drops down out of nowhere! I have a great library setup just off the listening room. It's nice to be able to get to my records all in one place easily. I've had them spread all over before. I set up a Mac Mini server with 18 TB of online storage. Six itunes libraries with a year's worth of music. Now I'm working on digitizing my DVDs. I want to create a jukebox to play movies the same way that itunes organizes music. That is going to take a while with all the DVDs I have to rip.