What's new

Big Super Audio Title Announcements (1 Viewer)

Lee Scoggins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
Check out new titles announced by Sony, from High Fidelity Review site:
http://www.highfidelityreview.com/ne...snumber=540666
James Taylor's JT, Ozzy Osbourne (!), more Satriani and...
That list includes Diana Krall, ‘The Book of Love’, Andrea Bocelli, ‘Cieli de Toscana’, John Coltrane ‘A Love Supreme’, John Williams, ‘E.T. The 20th Anniversary Soundtrack’, Muddy Waters ‘Folksinger’, James Horner ‘A Beautiful Mind’ (soundtrack), Stan Getz and Joao Gilberto ‘Getz & Gilberto’, Ella Fitzgerald and Louis Armstrong ‘Ella & Louis’, Bryn Terfel and Claudio Abbado ‘Bryn Terfel Sings Wagner Arias’, Vienna Philharmonic conducted by Seiji Ozawa ‘New Year’s Day Concert 2002’, Budapest Festival Orchestra conducted by Ivan Fischer ‘Dvorak: Slavic Dances’, Herbert Von Karajan conducting the Berlin Philharmonic ‘Beethoven Symphony No.9’, and Quincy Jones ‘Ultimate Collection’. If these aren’t enough titles to whet your whistle, Sony also stated that the SACD version of ‘ASK a Woman Who Knows’ by Verve’s Natalie Cole has just been completed and will be issued in conjunction with the album’s September CD release.
Now, as a jazz fan I am jazzed :D about Coltrane A Love Supreme, an absolutely sublime album and all-time classic.
Very good news indeed. :)

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Lee, guess what I am going to say.
I'll believe it when I see it.

At most, I will be cautiously optimistic with Sony Music. I'm still waiting for the Janis Joplin SACDs shown in the 09.01 SACD brochure.

Rachael B

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rachael Bellomy
Lee, does this mean Sony stille isn't suppourting a CD layer? I saw no mention of it on your link. I have quit buying Sony label discs. They're gonna have to hybridize to get me back. Getz & Gilberto sounds good to me. If it's a hybrid I'm there. Best wishes!

CarlP

Agent
Lee,
You mention ECM will deliver??? Any news about ECM titles on SACD would be great news! ECM is still the greatest record label out there. Consistantly great jazz and classical.

Lee Scoggins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
Carl,
Recently ECM has done some wonderful titles, no doubt. As a classical and jazz music fan, they and Harmonia Mundi are some of my favorite labels with consistent excellent sound and performances.
I will try to find out what titles they may be doing and respond back in the post. :)

Lee Scoggins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
Carl,

Nothing know as of yet about HM...

The titles from Harmonia Mundi are not yet determined, however the label intends to go through their extensive catalog and begin choosing the most appropriate titles. Unlike Harmonia, the independent labels from Welk, Vanguard and Sugar Hill, have already decided that their upcoming titles will become available this fall. From Sugar Hill will come two multi-channel offerings from the bluegrass group Nickel Creek, ‘Nickel Creek’ and ‘This Side’. Also available later in the year, Dolly Parton is expected to release two titles, ‘Little Sparrow’ and ‘Halos and Horns’, also on the Sugar Hill label. Finally from the Vanguard label comes ‘Concrete Love’ by Julia Fordham

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks