What's new

Big Love ongoing thread (1 Viewer)

RobertW

Supporting Actor
anyone get the impression that second wife might be pregnant? after complaining all episode how she wasn't feeling well.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
I thought that was a given...but now that you mention it, I guess they never did really come out and say it.

Alex F

Stunt Coordinator

I doubt it. I took that as meaning it was just "that time of the month." asking for midol, complaining of cramps... a baby would be too much on her character's plate right now... being $60000 in debt and on the verge of getting thrown out is enough, I think.

Also, these people have names, everybody. :) No need to refer to them by what number wife they are (though it's kidn of funny). First wife is Barb, second wife is Nicki, third wife is Margie!

BridgetJZ

Second Unit
Um, I definately thought that Nikki could be pregnant. She looked awful during the last episode. In addition to everything she has going on, it would be a nice twist.

Looking forward to Sunday's affair episode...looks good.

Also, HBO has made some decent updates to their official site, just a heads up.

Alex F

Stunt Coordinator
I don't know if it usually happens one way or another. We'll just have to wait and see.

BridgetJZ

Second Unit
I suppose we will, but a little speculation never hurt no one.

I'm curious about this Sunday's episode -- the synopsis that they have up has me curious:

happy announcement, aye.

Quentin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Quentin H
I really enjoyed Sunday's episode and have added this one to the Tivo (my wife loves it).

Man...I now have a crush on Jeanne Tripplehorn - she really has aged well and looks like a real woman (as opposed to her BI co-star who is in the press a lot lately).

While we now know what Nicki's announcement was, I think it is also clear that she ISN'T preggers. The double dose of bad news she got (Bill having an 'affair' with Barb and news of her being loan collateral) spurred her on. She has always needed to be the center of attention, but now she is also afraid of abandonment.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
I think I'm done with this show. I can't say it's bad - the acting is good, the writing is decent...all I can say is that I've been bored through every episode but one. I'm sure I'll still watch it from time to time as my wife seems to really enjoy it.

Greg.K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg K.
I'm finding it interesting, but the plot is moving very slowly - as I think is necessary since I think the big issues are pretty thin

Roman and Juniper Creek, and Nicki's spending habits are all going to have to come to a head soon to keep interest going, and frankly I don't see how they can sustain those story lines for multiple seasons, or where they can go after resolving them.

BridgetJZ

Second Unit
Well, its a family drama. Families face a lot of issues, reguardless of whether they're nuclear families or not.

In either case, I quite enjoyed Sunday's episode...it was fun, and I definately get the feeling that Bill definately favors Barb over the rest of the wives (and how could he not??)

I was really impressed w/ the way that Nicki handled her brother. What jerk.

And Rhonda...wow.

Alex F

Stunt Coordinator
Finally saw the latest episode, and the show continues to deliver the goods for me. I thought it was pretty apparent that Nicki wasn't pregnant and like someone else said, just wanted to get the attention back on her from Bill as she knew that Barb was getting the extra goods.

And yeah, I'd say it's pretty obvious that Bill likes Barb more than the others. She was his first wife, after all. There must be some kind of connection between them.

I love Margene a lot, too. "And sweetie, the Gulf War was 15 years ago." great stuff. great show.

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
Someone taped the first two episodes for me and I watched them the other night. This show just didnt engage me and I really didn't care for the characters. I wont be watching again.

Marty M

Senior HTF Member

I also loved that line. I have been watching the show, but I'm not really addicted to it like Sopranos, Six Feet Under, or The Wire.

Quentin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Quentin H
Last night's episode was great! Things are certainly building up. This show really grows on you. It's not a smart powerhouse drama like SIX FEET UNDER (which is what I was expecting)...it's more of a smarter version of a soap like a Desperate Housewives.

Nicki is clearly a mad manipulator, always working from a position of insecurity. I thought the take on Barb's affair was interesting, "He'll never leave his wives." :)

The Margene/Ben thing is creepy. I hope Ben gets over it. He needs to get laid.

I'm curious to see how things pan out with UEB and Roman. I think his daughter is WAAAAY creepier than he is!

Quentin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Quentin H
I know he has a ton of wives...Mary Kay Place being the hilariously funny 1st wife (well, I assume she's first).

But, the girl doing the singing and reciting is his daughter, isn't she? If she's his wife, that IS creepy.

DeeF

Screenwriter
SPOILER (I don't see any spoiler tools).

So, there's a new twist that's interesting.

Alby is another son of Roman, the polygamy community patriarch. In last night's episode, Alby (who seems vaguely psychotic) was given a task to perform, a "mission," (we don't know what the task is), and we saw him put rope and a knife in the trunk of the car. Alby is married to several wives.

He goes to a grocery store, and there's a gay drifter there, who is cruising, and Alby picks him up! They go to a motel, and the drifter is obviously planning on big sex, but then Alby has a kind of psychotic episode, banging his head against the wall, so the drifter is spooked and runs out.

First of all, I was reminded of the famous Six Feet Under episode with the mugger.

I'm just wondering, is the task/mission to pick up itinerant gay men, and kill them? Which Alby can't really do, though he does make an effort. But at the last minute, he can't kill anybody, so he scares the hell out of them, and then goes and tells Roman he "got" one.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks