What's new

Big Brother 16 - for the summerly bored... (1 Viewer)

Stan

Senior HTF Member
I'm with you Patrick. Just now finishing the first episode. Not at all impressed with any of the first eight players, won't see the rest for another hour or so. Don't know why I watch crap like this, something just sucks me into it. But like you, most of it will be playing in the background while I pay bills, vacuum, trim my dogs nails, etc.

I certainly hope the flamboyant twit with pink hair gets booted quickly. There's gay, normal regular guys, then we've got him. "GAY" beyond belief. Hard to recall another player from the past who was more annoying than him. Next to go should be the blonde idiot who keeps commenting on her non-existing accent.,

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
The alliances are but dead due to over-playing and over-planning at the very start of the game. "The Rock" is an idiot.

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
I've watched this for about 8 seasons now...I'll give it a try and see if it's worth keeping up on...

Dheiner

Gazoo
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Dhein
The Rock: "This six person alliance isn't big enough, yet. I'll unilaterally add 2 so we have HALF THE FUNKING HOUSE in it." That will make it perfect.

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
First impressions:

Did Cody's dad REALLY kiss him as much as I seemed to think he did?

Is getting laid Priority #1 over the $500K?

WHY DOES EVERYONE SCREAM LIKE A JUNIOR HIGH SCHOOL GIRL???????

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
Does anyone know why Ep 2 isn't available on TWC On Demand or CBS.com? Will I REALLY miss anything by not seeing it?

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
THAT's a truly subjective question, Eric! :biggrin:

Would any one of us miss anything if we never saw another episode of Big Brother? :laugh:

But, in terms of watching the season and keeping things in context, it includes the introductions of the second group of eight players. of course, you will likely figure things out if you just keep watching, but...

IIRC, the TV Guide Network is going to be re-airing all three network telecasts Friday night just before they air that day's edition of Big Brother After Dark. Check your local listings. :)

For the record, I regularly throw on Big Brother After Dark as background while I am doing some computer work, etc. before bed. It is interesting to have that fishbowl-type view of the contestants that's not closely edited by the producers.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
EricSchulz said:
WHY DOES EVERYONE SCREAM LIKE A JUNIOR HIGH SCHOOL GIRL???????
I think the producers encourage it, so as to project enthusiasm for the viewing audience.

Dheiner

Gazoo
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Dhein
Patrick Sun said:
I think the producers encourage it, so as to project enthusiasm for the viewing audience.
I suspect that they do. Their reasoning being that their target audience is around 30 years my junior, and that target group does not find the screaming and jumping as offensive as I, and many others like me, very much do.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Dheiner said:
I suspect that they do. Their reasoning being that their target audience is around 30 years my junior, and that target group does not find the screaming and jumping as offensive as I, and many others like me, very much do.
I think we're from a very similar age group. I gave up on this show a few years ago, but thought I'd try out the most recent attempt.

As usual, Julie Chen is the most annoying host ever seen on network TV. The contestants are typical. Mostly young. Some pretty women and some nerdy, scholarly types. Guys are mostly typical muscle jocks, a gay twit and a blond surfer thrown in like usual.

Already I despise Devin. Just seems to sneaky and impressed with himself. Of course that's probably editing, similar to Survivor.

My prediction is Caleb will take the prize. Smart but not obnoxious, out in front of things before they get carried away. As sexist as this sounds, can guarantee the winner will not be female. Good luck ladies, but you're way out of your league with these guys.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Somebody knows the answer, please help me.

Who the heck does Zach resemble? There was another player in the past just like him. White, skinny, dark hair. He'd also sit in that interview chair using over the top hand gestures and talking about three times above normal volume, just to make sure everybody heard him. It's just one of those things I can't quite put my finger on, but somebody knows.

richm41

Auditioning
Real Name
RichM
He reminds me of Dr. Will Kirby, maybe the best big brother player ever. He has similar facial features and mannerisms.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
richm41 said:
He reminds me of Dr. Will Kirby, maybe the best big brother player ever. He has similar facial features and mannerisms.
That was my first thought also, very similar. But it's somebody else from maybe the past five years, don't think he was a winner. I just remember him being very over the top and obnoxious. Not meant as an insult to anyone, but he had that east coast, Jersey type of attitude.

Of course after last night's episode, everything gets tossed out the door. Devin completely breaks down, tears included. Supposedly straight Zach turns out to be a major cuddle bunny with Frankie. This should be an interesting season.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Or maybe Dan Gheesling from BB 10 & 14.

big_bro_coach_dan_ghessling2-e1344272693487.jpg

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Mike Frezon said:
Or maybe Dan Gheesling from BB 10 & 14.

big_bro_coach_dan_ghessling2-e1344272693487.jpg
That's him! Mystery solved. Thank you Mike. Just one of those weird things where you remember the person, but can't quite figure it out.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Yup.

Both loud, demonstrative, etc. They even sit on those diary room chairs the same way (arms across the top of the backs...).

I was thinking the same thing.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Since I've become a thread hog, may as well continue....

I'll chime in about the junior high school voices...

What is the deal with the women's voices this season (and some of the guys)? They all sound like Bernadette from "The Big Bang Theory" or just really annoying munchkins from the land of Oz. They seem to speak about two octaves above normal, with screechy, whiny voices, especially Nicole and Paola. Nails dragged across a chalkboard would be more appealing.

We went through the California/valley girl speak, then the "you know, like, whatever period" but the past ten years or so seem to be stuck in a rut of these high pitched whiners. Did it start with Karen from "Will and Grace"?

I just give them the discerning, raised eyebrow look and walk away. Suddenly their little affectation disappears.

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
Is anyone else thinking that they are just throwing WAY too many of these "shocking gameplay twists" into the mix this season? It almost seems like there is NO strategy involved and it's all going to be "in the right place at the right time" more than anything else....

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
It's fairly unwatchable strategy-wise. It starts to become a show driven by producers' needs to head towards storylines that deliver eyeballs on the show.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks