What's new

Big Brother 14 (1 Viewer)

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
Well, I'm taping BB from 7pm-9pm tonight....hopefully somewhere in that two hour block I will get to see the whole show!

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Here on the west coast it was "under-run", if that's even a word. Set to start at 8:30, followed by "The Good Wife" at 9:30.
I added an extra hour at the end just in case to catch any over-run, but this time the idiots started it early, so I missed the first 30 minutes. Luckily it appeared to be mainly a clip show until near the end so hopefully didn't lose much.
Guess from now on, if there is a show I really want to catch, I'l program it to start an hour early and end an hour late, hopefully the one hour show I actually want to view will end up somewhere in the middle.
So much for the network trying to improve their timing, they instead screwed it up even worse.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
How about that!

I was really pulling for Dan because of the unbelievable way he was able to keep himself alive during the game...but if there ever was a dark horse to win this season it would have been Ian. Good for him!

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
I think that many in the jury were turned off by his apparent lack of remorse "I had to do anything to win" answers. I'd have to do back to see it again, but it sure sounded like Jenn was completely going to vote for Dan and she didn't.

But Frank? REALLY??? I was thinking either Britney of Janelle.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I figured Dan or Frank would get "favorite player."

I told my wife before they announced the vote results that our phone bill this month would be about $3000 since I really racked up a lot of text votes for "2 Britney."

I didn't send a single text, of course, but I am always amazed at people who DO get interactive with these shows and pay texting costs for the privilege of "voting" on some outcome/result. Has anyone here ever done that? I wonder how many total votes get cast on a show like that (or American Idol, etc.).

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Too bad the jury was butthurt by Dan's gameplay. EvilDick got away with personal vileness but won over the jury. But that's why it's sort of hard to win BB when feelings/social graces are involved in the decision making.

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
Excellent...and VERY detailed recap of the finale.
'Big Brother' season finale: The winner is crowned | Season 14 Episode 30 | EW.com

I don't think Dan's backstabbing was his undoing. It was his attitude towards the jury about it. Had he tried to "soften the blow" of his play he might have won over the jury. He started in the right direction in his response to Shane, I believe: he wasn't physically capable of winning, Ian was smarter in the contests, so he had to be devious. But it almost came across as a mocking, "you guys were too stupid to see what I was doing" attitude.

After a slow start, a DAMN entertaining season emerged! Bring on Season 15!

McPaul

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul M
Mike Frezon said:
I told my wife before they announced the vote results that our phone bill this month would be about $3000 since I really racked up a lot of text votes for "2 Britney."  :D
I didn't send a single text, of course, but I am always amazed at people who DO get interactive with these shows and pay texting costs for the privilege of "voting" on some outcome/result.  Has anyone here ever done that?  I wonder how many total votes get cast on a show like that (or American Idol, etc.). 
Never. N fact I was going to comment on your 2nd paragraph because I thought it was just ludicrous for anyone to pay to vote. I think they have online voting for a lot of things now, don't they? (no, I've never used free voting either). I guess the voters are friends family hometowns, who have a stake in them winning? But even if the guy wins, the community may have lost more than he won. Lol
Does anyone think that voting was impacted by this supposed gold cross he gave to Ian?? I don't recall that...
I think it was definitely influenced by Shane's comments and situation, and perhaps Ian's final speech.
And Ian starting the quack pack?? He was in the dog house that week and had to be let out on a leash by someone to even be part of any conversation. I call bs.
I mean, good for Ian, the "little guy", dorks everywhere....I really do like to cheer for the underdog in most situations, but not this. This should have been dans.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I think Dan blew it.

I was sure that he would tell the jury some incredible story about why he should get the win...but he didn't "bring it" to the finale. He was so calculating throughout...but really dropped the ball when it came to closing the deal. I think to go down 6-1 really reflects that.

He did some minor sucking up throughout the finale...but he needed, for example, to convince Shane that taking him out was the only way for him to advance and win, etc. He needed to explain to Jen. I thought, for sure, Britney would vote for Dan...but that didn't even happen. She seemed to understand (and respect) how she got played as part of the whole "funeral" gambit.

He didn't do any of that...and he lost.

And props to Ian. His closing remarks were well organized and presented. Much better than Dan's.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I still vote "sour grapes" on the jury vote. Even if Dan got on his knees and apologized profusely for his actions inside the house, the jury was dead set on not rewarding such behavior.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Mike Frezon said:
I think Dan blew it. 
I was sure that he would tell the jury some incredible story about why he should get the win...but he didn't "bring it" to the finale.  He was so calculating throughout...but really dropped the ball when it came to closing the deal.  I think to go down 6-1 really reflects that. 
He did some minor sucking up throughout the finale...but he needed, for example,  to convince Shane that taking him out was the only way for him to advance and win, etc.  He needed to explain to Jen.  I thought, for sure, Britney would vote for Dan...but that didn't even happen.  She seemed to understand (and respect) how she got played as part of the whole "funeral" gambit. 
He didn't do any of that...and he lost. 
And props to Ian.  His closing remarks were well organized and presented.  Much better than Dan's. 
Still can't stand Dan, but he did play a much better game. The entire show is about backstabbing and lying and he did a great job of it.
Ian did not deserve the win, but I agree, Dan blew it with the finale. Much to arrogant, just came off as I'm better than the rest of you so you better vote for me.
The third place prize surprised me, thought for sure it would go to Janelle or Shane, but America votes for Frank? He was last on my list and don't feel he deserved it at all.

NolanJ

Second Unit
Reminded me quite a bit of Russel Hantz' first go on Survivor. He didn't win because too many members of the jury were sore losers.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
NolanJ said:
Reminded me quite a bit of Russel Hantz' first go on Survivor. He didn't win because too many members of the jury were sore losers.
Still can't believe that jerk won Survivor, anybody from the Hantz family deserves to go home. Bunch of F'ing jackasses. The latest one on Big Brother showed exactly what that family is made of. Good riddance, hope to never see another member of that family again.
The one kid on Survivor was somewhat decent, but carrying that family name with him is a curse that will never go away.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Mike Frezon said:
I told my wife before they announced the vote results that our phone bill this month would be about $3000 since I really racked up a lot of text votes for "2 Britney."  :D
I didn't send a single text, of course, but I am always amazed at people who DO get interactive with these shows and pay texting costs for the privilege of "voting" on some outcome/result.  Has anyone here ever done that?  I wonder how many total votes get cast on a show like that (or American Idol, etc.). 
I am so with you on the silly voting premise. Why in the heck would you spend money voting for a player on a fricking game show?
Years ago when American Idol started, I did call in a few times using the free 800 number, but now they expect people to waste $1 voting with a text message? Major cash cow for ATT or whomever runs it, but I'm certainly not contributing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks