What's new

Big Bang Theory (1 Viewer)

Roger_S

Stunt Coordinator
Yeah, I goofed up. I didn't even know The Cheesecake Factory was a restaurant. I just assumed it was an actual factory that made cheesecakes. :)

Real Name
Dave Medina

Aw, not a big deal, buddy. It's a common misconception.

This is what a Cheesecake Factory restaurant looks like:

A more faithful set reproduction might have doubled the production budget :laugh:

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
Also glad to hear this was picked up for a full season - I'm enjoying it more each week.

Loved the "musical foreplay" between Galecki & Gilbert. "OK, I'm good to go." :laugh: These two are still as funny together as they were a decade ago on "Roseanne".

Derek Miner

Screenwriter
I think they should have a subplot later in the season where Penny loses her job because the proprietors of her place of employment get sued by the actual name-brand Cheesecake Factory. :D

Jerome Grate

Senior HTF Member
First time seeing it and my wife and I are hooked. This was really a funny show. Didn't know about it and now I notice the thread here with 3 pages. Boy am I slow.

Alan Lee UK

Stunt Coordinator
Episode 5 was the best one yet in my opinion

Sheldon's "This may be my new Tuesday hamburger" bit reminds me of both my own eating schedule (I have a Thursday night pizza, Wednesday night cannelloni etc), and of the way I have to occasionally rearrange my DVD watching schedule to accomodate new season sets. Perhaps being anally retentive is now cool.

I thought that the more Sheldon-focused ep 4 was a disappointment, but this one made up for it.

Real Name
Dave Medina
The power of unintentional advertising. On Friday, I'm going to go over to Bob's Big Boy and try my own Big Boy hamburger. I've never had one, so this will be exciting!

Tonight's episode will be halloween-themed; lots of potential there!

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
The Halloween episode.

I thought it had some good sight gags (4 Flashes), and decent banter between nerd and knuckledragger, and a sweet kiss by a tipsy Penny and Leonard.

Good to see Koothrappali get the last scene in.

Jerome Grate

Senior HTF Member
Good one last night, the four Flashs was funny and the comment if we all walk behind each other it appears one Flash is running really fast goes in the classic line book. The explanation of the difference between a hobbit and a dwarf with Knuckledragger's comment why would you want to be hobbie was funny. Like I said before, I'm hooked. Kind of lost interest with Chuck.

Bryan Toth

Stunt Coordinator
Another really funny episode. I couldn't help but LOL every time Leonard tried explaining his costume to everyone.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Jim, you beat me to it.

Fun episode. Well done all the way through. The ending, "and you're such a good listener!" was a great closer. :)

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Sheldon is fast becoming tv's #1 smartass lol. It's wierd but I should dislike him tremendously but I don't, his wit and general befuddlment just has a way of winning you over and you have to like him no matter how much he acts like a jerk to Penny. :laugh:

And I don't know what Howard is or what others consider him to be but i'll tell you this that boy is no geek! Penny's friend was smokin' hot and that kid had her all night! :eek:

Love this show, I often find myself humming or outright singing the theme song by the Bare Naked Ladies hehe, that is until it gets really fast (the only thing I can make out then is "they built the pyramids") at which point I haven't the foggiest idea what the lyrics are. ;)

Derek Miner

Screenwriter
Last night's episode was consistently amusing and quite entertaining. The first episode never gave me the impression that Penny not understanding Sheldon could be funny week after week. While noboby can accuse the writers of not trading off geek stereotypes, the set of characters has become more specific. In other words, Sheldon seems less a portrayal of a geek stereotype than a very neurotic person who just happens to be a geek.

Jerome Grate

Senior HTF Member
I have to agree, Sheldon was simply hilarious. Eventhough everything is from a script but his execution gives the feeling that not only it's impulsive, it natural. "Go back to Babylon you whore" had me rolling. Then the four at the end playing Halo 3 and the girls coming in to offer sex and then get no response was great.

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
This show has taken over as my favorite current sitcom.

Now Sheldon is the only one of the group that hasn't gotten lucky. In each of the last 3 weeks, one of the group got lucky. I wonder if Sheldon is next?

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
As Penny explained, her friend would do anyone as long as they kept buying her stuff. I doubt there was any real attraction other than money.

The opening joke with the cell phone was funny. :laugh:

Leonard: Call [gibberish nonsense]
Phone: Calling Rajh Koothrappali...
Rajh: That's very cool...and a little racist.

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
I am sorry to bring this to everyone's attention but unfortunately BBT is pretty much the first scripted show to shut down due to the WGA strike. They've suspended production for now. I hope this strike doesn't last too long because BBT is starting to get positive buzz and I know more people are getting curious about it. It's almost (not quite) my favorite comedy on tv right now and I think they're doing a good job.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks