What's new

Biff, Splat, Pow! Batman (1 Viewer)

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
Still one of the Holy Grails of classic TV Batman, (sorry I couldn't pass it up) and still not a single release, still trying to figure what the holdup is, Fox, WB, Greenway Productions, royalties for all the cameos, in all of these years none of us have ever gotten a straight answer as to why this still isn’t released. This didn’t even make it to video tape!

Just a rant, but it would be nice to know if there has been any movement on this ever getting a release, and if it was released I say go back to the film and release in beautiful 1080P. I want it looking good, so good that I can see Romero's mustache under the greasepaint.

any Insiders that frequent this forum, that have any info would be greatly appreciated.

dhammer

Second Unit
Real Name
David
There has been a lot written on this subject but none of it leaves with any idea of where things currently are at. As I said before, apparently the release of Batman the TV series is our nation's most guarded secret.

AndyMcKinney

Senior HTF Member
dana martin said:
Still one of the Holy Grails of classic TV Batman, (sorry I couldn't pass it up) and still not a single release, still trying to figure what the holdup is, Fox, WB, Greenway Productions, royalties for all the cameos, in all of these years none of us have ever gotten a straight answer as to why this still isn’t released. This didn’t even make it to video tape!

Just a rant, but it would be nice to know if there has been any movement on this ever getting a release, and if it was released I say go back to the film and release in beautiful 1080P. I want it looking good, so good that I can see Romero's mustache under the greasepaint.

any Insiders that frequent this forum, that have any info would be greatly appreciated.
If anyone here had any info they could share, believe me, they would have.

Probably the first (and biggest) "best bet" for any chance of an announcement this year would be during (or immediately after) the San Diego ComiCon. There's a bunch of other (non-DVD/Blu) merchandise related to the show coming out this year thanks to the marketing deal. If they rights holders quietly worked out their problems by now, you can bet there'd be a huge announcement timed to coincide with ComiCon.

If there's no announcement (or any hints) during ComiCon, it's probably 99% safe to say there are still roadblocks in place and one should give up on 2013.

I'm not sure 2013 would even be likely (unless the rights issues were quietly worked out last year and kept secret), because for them to do the kind of release that most of us want--digitally restored from the original 35mm elements--would take some time to clean up, and I doubt any restoration work would have been carried out on this without any prospects of a release.

It might be a good idea to close this thread soon, so that all Batman discussion is limited to the main thread that's already here.

Corey3rd

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe Corey
It appears that they have created HD masters since the episodes looked rather good when they ran on the Hub's HD channel.
AndyMcKinney said:
If anyone here had any info they could share, believe me, they would have.

Probably the first (and biggest) "best bet" for any chance of an announcement this year would be during (or immediately after) the San Diego ComiCon. There's a bunch of other (non-DVD/Blu) merchandise related to the show coming out this year thanks to the marketing deal. If they rights holders quietly worked out their problems by now, you can bet there'd be a huge announcement timed to coincide with ComiCon.

If there's no announcement (or any hints) during ComiCon, it's probably 99% safe to say there are still roadblocks in place and one should give up on 2013.

I'm not sure 2013 would even be likely (unless the rights issues were quietly worked out last year and kept secret), because for them to do the kind of release that most of us want--digitally restored from the original 35mm elements--would take some time to clean up, and I doubt any restoration work would have been carried out on this without any prospects of a release.

It might be a good idea to close this thread soon, so that all Batman discussion is limited to the main thread that's already here.

DeWilson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Denny
Does anyone really, honestly believe they can overcome the rights issues without impacting the SRP of the show?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation155
Recent bookmarks