What's new

Bewitched sponsor openings on DVD (1 Viewer)

Larry Geller

Supporting Actor

Yes. If you push left on some of the chapters on the Scene Selection menus on Season 2, a yellow glow will show around Dick's picture. Selecting that will get you to Kent cigarette commercials.

David*P

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David
Thanks Larry.

Maybe I should look into buying those Dick Van Dyke DVDs. The few episodes I have seen have been very good.

Brandon Gantt

Second Unit
It would be very interesting to see these on the DVD releases. Maybe as an extra? I never knew there were alternate titles but, this may explain why all of the B&&W syndicated titles carry a 1966 copyright only.

David Von Pein

Senior HTF Member
Re.: Dick Van Dyke on DVD.........

And not only "Kent" ads. There are also some TV promos in there as well (at least one with Ed Sullivan promoting a program); and some public-service announcements too (inc. Smokey The Bear and others). Great stuff...esp. the "cast" ads for Kent. They did several, even though (on one of the commentary tracks on the Season 2 DVD-on-DVD set) Mr. Van Dyke evidently only remembers doing ONE single cigarette commercial with MTM. :)

Jude86

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jude Cormier
If Sony was to announce a complete series set. and have these openings at least as "extras", would that affect your decision to buy the complete series, even if you already own all the seasons? For me, yes, as I love the original themes that much.

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jude86

If Sony was to announce a complete series set. and have these openings at least as "extras", would that affect your decision to buy the complete series, even if you already own all the seasons? For me, yes, as I love the original themes that much.

I wouldn't double-dip for a compete set, as much as I like the show. I have all of the season sets in my collection.

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
Jude86 said:
It's possible I'd take another look at Bewitched but only IF it was upgraded to blu-ray and IF there were tons of extras. The sponsor openings would hardly make a dent on my radar of most-wanted extras. It would have to more be more like rare clips, interviews and such.

Frank Soyke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Frank
Ethan Riley said:
It's possible I'd take another look at Bewitched but only IF it was upgraded to blu-ray and IF there were tons of extras. The sponsor openings would hardly make a dent on my radar of most-wanted extras. It would have to more be more like rare clips, interviews and such.
I'd definitely be interested, but interviews are not really an option since almost the entire cast is deceased. Maybe some outakes/bloopers if they exist.

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
Frank Soyke said:
I'd definitely be interested, but interviews are not really an option since almost the entire cast is deceased. Maybe some outakes/bloopers if they exist.
Well I meant vintage interviews of course. And then again there's that Erin Murphy tour of the set that we didn't get...

Jude86

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jude Cormier
Makes you wonder what Sony's plans are for that Erin Murphy tour...you know that wasn't done for nothing. What about "Tabitha and Adam with the Clown Family" added as well?

If they do a boxed set, I doubt they will improve or change the transfers already provided. Plus, the first and second seasons would probably be the colorized versions (even though the "black and white" versions are simply the colorized versions with the hue turned off.) I have only purchased the first two seasons, so I would be game for a boxed set.

JoeDoakes

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
The way Sony has been decreasing prices on individual seasons so that they can be had for less than $10 seems to make it very unlikely that it will invest in a big new boxset with special packaging as they did with Jeannie. If there is a complete series boxset, I think it will be much more like that for Sanford and Son with ultracheap packaging and nothing new. Fans of this show who want to see new extras on DVD would be much better off lobbying for a Best of or Anniversary edition set that could include the extras they want. Paramount has issued such sets with the Andy Griffith Show and I Love Lucy and Image has issued such a set with Dick Van Dyke.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks