What's new

Bewitched Season 7 (1 Viewer)

Michael Rogers

Supporting Actor

Unless I my memory is faulty (I haven't cracked open the episode yet) I'm sure it's Janos Prohaska that does the ape and dodo bird. He also performed a lot of creatures on Star Trek requiring a suit.

Jdcrackers

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mike
Hey Guys,

I have a question. Did Irene Vernon the original Louise really leave the show to pursue Real Estate? I read that Liz Montgomery wasn't to fond of her and her friend that was a writer got fired from the show and the Ashers kind of pressured her to leave, because they liked Kasey Rogers better. Is this true or just hear say? It is interesting. Does anyone know if the E True Hollywood Story is on YouTube? I have never seen it, but I have a friend that knows a lot about Bewitched. He is older than I am and was a teen when BW Came out in 1964 and has been collecting things on the show every since. He told me things I didn't even know and I always thought maybe he exaggerated, but after reading BW forever, everything he stated was true... Thanks

I think some of my favourite episodes is Mother in Law of the Year...LOL I also Love Sisters At Heart, Sams Psychic Pslip, Sams Magic Mirror, The Salem Episodes, Sams Pet Warlock and Darrin Goes Apes

Jdcrackers

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mike
Wasn't ALice Ghostly in another show during this time? She wasn't in that many episodes...I think the show was Mayberry something

Jude86

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jude Cormier
Alice Ghostley was indeed a part of Mayberry RFD for the 1970-1971 season as Alice Cooper (i kid you not!), the maid who took over after Aunt Bea (Frances Bavier) decides to leave the series. She probably did not anticipate that show getting canceled despite good ratings when CBS decided to purge itself of all rural themed shows. She was then again more available for BW's eighth season.

I've removed the part about Irene Vernon, since I was not there and there are no verifiable sources on what really happened, other than the official reason of "left to pursue real estate".

MBrousseau

Second Unit
Real Name
Martin Brousseau

Indeed, very clever mix!
Here's what it sounds like:

http://pages.infinit.net/martinb/BewitchedRemix.mp3

I received my box set from France today.
The instrumental patch work theme seems to have been created for the German Bewitched opening. It's on every episode.
I believe Sony made a technical error by inserting that same "not official instrumental theme" on episode 2 of the bedwarmer to the american DVD release. Anyway, it's rather funny to hear that. ;)

Jdcrackers

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mike
I was wanting to ask you guys a question that remember the early 70s very well... I noticed this season that Liz/Sam wore something like yarn in her hair... what exactly is that? How long was that popular and has it came back since then? I know this is probably a silly question, but I was wanting to know. Also did they change the closing credits them this season!?! (The Music that is)

Jdcrackers

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mike

Thanks Jude, I liked Kasey's character better... I think My favourite episode with her was "Mona Sammi" LOL That was hilarious...I read she hung the funny one up at Halloween and became an avid Bike Rider after the shows fun in the mid 70s

JohnMor

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Moreland

Hi Mike, yes using yarn in the hair was a very late 60's/early 70's thing. My sister did it. It was the "in" alternative to using ribbon. You can see it once in a while on other shows of the time. I don't think it's ever really made a comeback, but I could be wrong.

Here's a TV Guide cover of Doris Day wearing yarn for a hair ribbon.

[url=https://static.hometheaterforum.com/imgrepo/4/4f/htf_imgcache_38884.jpeg] [/url]

Jude86

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jude Cormier
Yes, Mike, the music for the closing credits did indeed change for this season after staying stuck with the version used for season 4,5, and 6. After season 3, the closing theme music was no longer a extended version of the opening theme, but rather its own take on the BW theme. For season 7 and 8, we have a more uptempo bouncy mix--I prefer to call it the Ashmont mix (since in season 8, we finally see the credit "An Ashmont Production").

Jdcrackers

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mike
Thanks guys... I appreciate all the help... I am now getting anxious for Season 8. Watch Sony take years to get it out (I Hope Not)... I just hate the syndicated episodes because they cut so much out...

So that being said what kind of Series Box Set would you guys like to see? My idea is the Morning Glory Circle Neighbourhood Box Set, like a big box with streets of houses each including seasons... Or the Stephens' house and each room have a different season... what are some of your thoughts?

Jdcrackers

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mike
Hey guys a teaser for Season 8!!
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Joseph_G

Grip
Real Name
Joe

Funnily, Dick York actually appears in "Samantha's Power Failure," although just barely. The opening shot of Sam and Darrin lying in bed is from season three's "Witches and Warlocks Are My Favorite Things," which was also used in "The Trial and Error of Aunt Clara." You can't really tell it's him there though.

I think the tag scene from "Prodigy" was filmed in June 1965, but was conveniently shot in a way that didn't make Sam look pregnant. I haven't seen it in a while, but I think she is leaning forward towards the TV so that it's not obvious.

Jdcrackers

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mike
I had to watch Season 7 again. How much footage was actually filmed in Salem... alot of it looks like it was filmed on a soundstage with the Salem backdrop... The first two episodes really aren't part of the Salem Saga are they since they just talk about going...According to Harpies they were filmed after the Salem Episodes... Does anyone know why the Kravitiz's and Darrin's parents were not in Season 8? I can't wait to see the European Business Trip Episodes I haven't seen those in ages...

You know I was thinking since BW was contracted for a 9th season if ABC did plan it to go on and Liz didn't come back who they would have cast for her/Samantha? Me and my roommate were discussing that today... the show would have died... I think if they would have left it on Thursday nights it would have done better and a 9th season would have been done...

David*P

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David

Speaking of "Darrin Goes Ape", my avatar reminds me of Serena in this episode...the avatar is actually a publicity photo from Paula Abdul's "Spellbound" album but I think she looks very much like Serena does from this shot:

I think "Darrin Goes Ape" is all right, but it's not one of the best by any means.

And have you seen Abner when he shows up on "Tabitha" approximately seven years later? He's a full blown hippie! He's got a long beard and hair!

David*P

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David

You are right about the first two episodes having no Salem footage. "The Salem Saga" does have a lot of bluescreen work done especially when we see Sam, Durwood and Endora driving around Salem and stopping in front of the Witch House, though all that footage was shot while the cast and crew was in Salem in the summer of 1970. The footage outside the House of Seven Gables was shot on location but the interiors of the Ho7G was shot at the studio as it looks nothing like the interior of the real place.

"Samantha's Hot Bedwarmer" features just a little footage from Salem, and that is when they show the police station.

"Darrin on a Pedestal" features the most on location footage. Pretty much every scene with the exception of the hotel interior was shot in Gloucester, at the Gloucester House restaurant or at Magnolia Castle and the Immaculate Conception Church shown at the first, which is just down the street from the Hawthorne Hotel.

"Paul Revere Rides Again" only has a bit of footage of the old North Church.

"Samantha's Bad Day in Salem" features much from the Ho7G outdoors as well as the Roger Conant Statue, the Nathaniel Hawthorne Statue, some of the Salem Commons and the Immaculate Conception Church though most of it was footage shot without the actors really being there.

And "Samantha's Olde Salem Trip" doesn't have any.

You should really get Peter Alachi's book about the filming in Salem. It's very detailed and has lots of never-before-seen photos and info available at Bewitched in Salem!.

Jdcrackers

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mike

Hi David, I bought Paula Abdul's "Spellbound" when I was in school and you know she looks a lot like Serena... hence that may be why she named the CD "Spellbound" and using Serena's look... alot of stars loved Bewitched...Ellen, Rosie, and Oprah...to name a few

Oh David, I notice this Season Abner started letting his hair grow and I believe he got Dentures...In earlier seasons he looked as if his top teeth were missing... I really am going to miss them next season ... I think they just add so much to Bewitched... I love it when Abner tells Gladys..."Time for your Medicine" LOL

Larry Tate

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Larry Tate
About Irene Vernon & Danny Arnold.

It makes no sense to me about about those rumours as if this was so then she would have gone with him after the first season instead of staying on for season two.

As well if this was so then she would have continued on with her career as an actress with Arnold or elsewhere, yet she never worked again & went to the real estate field right away instead.

Danny Arnold was Producing non-stop after he left Bewitched so the opportunities for her to continue working as an actress with him would have been boundless.

As well her sister has stated publicly that the version about the real estate was the fact, so i think what some have said about this is not accurate about her.

I have never heard anything about any ill will towards Irene Vernon by Elizabeth Montgomery & until i hear otherwise from a credible source i shall regard all of this as an urban legend.

Likewise Danny Arnold left to create his own production company rather then just work for Screen Gems, not because he was fired or forced out by anybody.

Larry Tate
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Jdcrackers

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mike
I know this may sound like a weird question, but if you watch the episode "Darrin on a Pedestal" there is a scene when Samantha is talking to an elderly man in the garden about Serena and the Seaman. In this part, is it me or is it raining on the man? LOL, it looks like it is, but it may be raining in the trees behind him... you have to look very close, but I swear it looks like rain. Anyone know about this? Thanks

Ron Lee Green

Screenwriter

I haven't checked that scene out, but I do know from reading the book, "Salem's Summer of Sam", that it rained a lot while they were filming in Salem and they had to adjust the schedule.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks