What's new

Bewitched Season 7 (2 Viewers)

Jdcrackers

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mike
Thanks John for the information. Much Appreciation for that. Is it me or does the last episode of Season 7 remind anyone of the one where Gladys back in Season 1 thought she had the power and Sam and the Kravitz's had a seance and Abner was turned into a pile of dust? Except this time it's turned around with the elder Stephenses'. That episode is just hilarious. LOL too bad it's their last episode and I agree it's great to see the old Frank back.

David*P

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David

Those interior screen grabs are horrible and Sony should be smacked for that.

But that pic of Endora on the cover (as well as on Disc 3) actually does come from Season 7 from this pic:

In fact all the pics in the entire set are actually from the correct season, just like Season 6's were.

Here are where are the pics originated from:

Durwood cover and Disc 2 as well as Larry's pic from Discs 3 & 4 jacket:

Tabitha cover and Disc 4 as well as the back of the box:

EM cover and Disc 1:

EM, Serena, and Durwood Discs 1 & 2 jacket as well as Serena's box back pic:

EM and AM Discs 3 & 4 jacket:

Had I been designing things, I wouldn't have used that pic of Durwood. I would've used this one...it's classier:

p.s. You should all check out www.thebewitchedcollector.com to see all the many photos and other interesting things he has on there.

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
Mike,

Just some comparisons that I made recently with a PS3 BR player and my Pioneer Std Upconvert player. I did an A/B comparison since I was curious if I could see any difference upconverting the same Std DVD. I used a Bewitched disc for the comparson. It appeared that the Pioneer Upconvert player delivered a slightly better picture but it was close. Also I wasn't using a BR (not PS3) player for the test but PS3's & BR players both upconvert all Std DVD's as John posted.

JohnMor

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Moreland
David, thanks so much for pointing that out about the Endora pic. I feel slightly better that at least it is season appropriate. And I agree that the other pic of DS would have been better.

And Mike, yes, "Samantha and the Antique Doll" is a remake of the season 1 ep, "Abner Kadabra." I love when Phyllis orders Darrin out of the kitchen and the look on DS's face as he goes.:laugh:

BTW, here's the scene I thought they took the Endora pic from:

Jdcrackers

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mike
Hey guys thanks so much for all the info...I just finished Season 7 tonight...I have Herbie Pilato's book and everytime I get a Season I highlight the title and rate it on a scale of 5 stars... I dont believe I saw Maurice in any episodes in season 7 since I have been watching it all week I can't remember, but I don't think he was in any episodes in season 7. Am I right? or did I miss him. Today was my day off and I won't be able to go back through the episodes for awhile now... I do know he is in several episodes next season. Thanks guys again for all the info!!
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

David*P

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David

LOL It's no wonder you thought that...it's practically the same pose! Good eye!

JohnMor

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Moreland

No, POTA was filmed in 1967. It was released 2/8/68 in NYC. In fact, it was because he was in LA filming the sequel in 1969 that he was available to be in S6 so often.

Jdcrackers

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mike
I am so pleased with this season. Some of these episodes I haven't seen since the 1990s. And I am glad they are not cut like when Nick at Nite cut them. One episode hails from Season 8 and it's the very last episode with the vacuum cleaner salesman where they cut him out, but he is in the original. Now with all 7 Sets, I am anxious for Season 8. I know it's going to a long while before we get it, but at least we have 228 episodes now to watch.

What do you guys think will be included in the box set? The Movie? Tabitha Series? Personally, I think the movie was plain CRAP, but that's just my opinion. I think it didn't do the show justice and if Liz were still alive she probably would have had a fit. Hopefully, someone will do a better movie one day!

Jdcrackers

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mike
Hey guys, I know we just got Season 7, but how many of you are itching for Season 8 the last season? I finished season 7 today and I am so thankful it's out and now I am just antsy for the last season lol... My guess is December 2009 what do you guys think? But at least we got 228 episodes we can watch, mix them up or just compare with earlier episodes... I guess I just wish they would release the rest of All in the Family. And i still have to get IDOJ box set... how many of you guys own both the colour and black and white versions of BW seasons 1 and 2?

JohnMor

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Moreland
Mike, I agree totally about the movie. To quote a Samantha line from Season 7: "The word is horrible." :laugh:

And, yes, I want S8 out as soon as possible. Can't wait to complete the series. And yes, I own BOTH the B&W & colorized versions of S1 & S2. I like to have the choice.

David*P

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David
I don't think the movie is that bad, though it's not anywhere near the greatness that it should've been.

I own both the black and white and colorized seasons...and I find myself always gravitating towards the colorized even though there is a LOT that isn't colorized correctly! I think the B&W looks much better and classier, but I'm glad to have them both.

I'm itching for S.8 as well...and it's funny because it hasn't even been a week since S.7 has come out! I believe it will be released by the end of this year.

Jdcrackers

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mike
Hey David, I guess I will buy Season 1 and 2 in B&W unless you guys think the entire box set will have the B&W versions... I hope they do because it would make more sense since that's the way they came. As for extra's on the box set one we know of is where Erin Murphy gives a tour of the Ranch. One thing I would like to see is the E True Hollywood Story of Bewitched on the Box Set... and maybe some classic interviews with Liz, Dick n Dick, and Sandra Gould, Fox and Alice Ghostley...

lol I guess just putting the DVD back on my shelf just knowing one more season is all we have left just makes it feel lonely. But we have waited this long and awhile longer won't hurt. I don't remember many episodes from season 8, but I do remember the last one and the one where the Dodo bird chases Darrin and the one where Tab starts school I think 2nd Grade.

After season 8 is released we should all vote on our ten favourite episodes of the series
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

MBrousseau

Second Unit
Real Name
Martin Brousseau

Well, I can't wait to read your Season 8 presentation, like the previous seasons reviews you did, David! They are remarkably well documented. It's a thrill to read those! :emoji_thumbsup:

Jdcrackers

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mike
I agree with Martin... David does an excellent overview of each season. David do you have the links to all the forums that you have started? I started reading the forums I think with BW season 5 and I would love to go back and read the forums where you did each opening and the episodes like Martin was mentioning

David*P

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David

I appreciate hearing that! I liked writing them. It turns out though, that I didn't really start writing the comprehensive descriptions until S.4 and that was because I had a job where I had access to a computer and a lot of down time and so I just started writing them. I've actually had all of them written since S.4, which is lucky, because I lost that job.

So I didn't really write anything much for S.1, and here is what was from S.2, which is where you can see the 'format' for the following seasons starting to take place:

http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htf/2583708-post4.html
http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htf/2599235-post16.html

Season 3:
http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htf/2721968-post1.html

Season 4:
http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htf/2855873-post1.html

Season 5:
http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htf/3031189-post5.html

Season 6:
http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htf/3219892-post1.html

I was going to wait a month or so to post S.8 considering we just barely got S.7 and I don't want to appear overly anxious LOL

Jdcrackers

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mike
David, do you have any pull with Sony? I just hope they have more pics of Esmeralda, Adam and Louise Tate. It seems like they forget about them. I know the Kravitz's and Darrin's Parents won't be in the Eighth Season. Also, who was the new character they were going to introduce if Bewitched ran for the 9th season? I have read that on various websites? It would have been interesting to see.

Thank you so much David for posting those links. Sony should hire you to design and write for Bewitched Season 8 and the Box Set. Maybe they will read this and see how much we love the show and want the original pictures.

David, I do have a question for you it's been bugging me. What episode was it when Samantha went to the English castle to help the ghost that was lonely and she got the ladies in there to tour and the ghost became nicer? I remember she dressed up as a tour guide, but I can't remember what season it was from. Maybe it was season 8. Thanks so much

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks