What's new

Bewitched Season 4? (1 Viewer)

David*P

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David
Also the recent info given on the Beyond the Facts of Life website concerning the release of the third season of that show indicates that the sales figures for Bewitched (and I Dream of Jeannie) were very good in Sony's eyes...so I should think it would be only smart of them to continue both series by releasing all the seasons.

JohnMor

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Moreland
GREAT news, albeit unofficial: I had a connection at Sony ask around and he said Season 4 was due to hit the shelves on 10/24. Of course, until it's official we shouldn't count our Ancient Macedonian Dodo eggs until they're hatched. But I'm sure we'll get confirmation pretty soon.

I feel better now. Just wanted to share with you guys.

Ollie

Stunt Coordinator

Oh Please let it be so!!
This would make sense as it would put the set on the shelves the week before Halloween thus allowing a promotional tie-in.

David*P

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David
I sure do hope this is true!! I just returned from the Bewitched Convention in Salem, MA and was hoping to find some sort of news about Season 4...and usually it seems that the rumours that fly around seem to come true.

JohnMor

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Moreland
Ooh, David, I am very jealous. I love Salem and it's environs. How was the convention? I read the news articles about the vandalizing of the Samantha statue.

David*P

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David
The convention was AWESOME!!! I stayed at the Hawthorne Hotel with three other people in a big suite. The others of the group (there were about 15 others) stayed at Salem State College in the new dorms. For those who are not familiar with the Salem episodes of BW, they are the first 8 of the Seventh Season and Durwood and Samantha stayed at the Hawthorne. In real life EM, DS, DW, and BA stayed at the Hawthorne along with the cast and crew. They filmed some scenes around Salem and a lot up in Gloucester at the Fisherman's Memorial. We found out some pretty interesting unknown facts about BW that nobody knew. For one, the owner of the Gloucester House restaurant, who was owner back in 1970, was an extra in the episode "Darrin on a Pedestal". His name is Mike Linquata. We first see him when Larry and the client pull up to the Gloucester House. Mike steps out the door with a woman, who happened to be the restaurant's hostess at the time. Later on, when Larry, Mr. Barrows, Serena and the Fisherman are sitting at dinner, Mike and the lady are sitting at the table behind them and are totally not acting. They just sit and stare at the BW people (which I would've been doing too). Mr. Linquata also had these never-before-seen photos from the days that they were shooting in Gloucester that he shared with us. He also told us that EM was a very nice and friendly lady, that she didn't have any airs about her, and that the rest of the cast was quite nice too.

We also found out from Peter Alachi, who wrote a book about the controversy surrounding the statue and a followup about the Salem episodes (you can purchase at http://palachi.com/), that there was a Salem State student who acted as a stand-in for DS and Robert Brown (the living Fisherman's memorial) who wasn't given credit.

And we also confirmed that in "Samantha's Bad Day in Salem" when Durwood and Samantha are seen getting off/on the elevators, that scene was actually filmed in the Hawthorne. The elevators look exactly the same today!

I am going to be posting a more detailed description of the event over at HarpiesBizarre.com in a day or so. But all in all, very fun and very informative!

David*P

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David
So if the rumours hold true we should be getting an annoucement of Season 4 in one week! It's been much too long to wait!

I also want to put down my bet that the color for the cover art and disc art will be orange. I base this on the fact that s.1 was blue, s.2 was purple and s.3 is red. It seems that they are following the color wheel which would mean orange is next, s.5 would be yellow and s.6 would be green...of course, this means they've run out of colors unless they do like white, gray, black, pink or brown for the last two seasons and I'm thinking brown would definitely be a fitting color for S.8;)

I sure hope they try to at least use a picture of EM from S.4 but considering they haven't done that for the past releases I won't hold my breath.

David*P

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David
SUH-WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!!!!

It says the running time is 837 minutes, which if every episode is about 25 minutes long is just about right...with a little left over...I wonder if there will be an extra feature?

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
I need to see it at TSoD before I can really get
htf_images_smilies_dance.gif
'ing but it sounds like the time frame's believable.

"This just in" from the TSoD presses: 10/24 accouncement likely on Monday. Now I can say YEEESSSsssss .....can't compete with David*P's, but it ain't bad for a Texan
htf_images_smilies_rock.gif

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
Geez, it's about time...! Well, after this Bewitched will be 1/2 complete. That makes me feel a little relaxed, somehow. I just hope it sells and sells and that all 8 seasons are eventually (finally) available.

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
Geeze, finally. I'm excited and this release is just two months away. Isn't Season sets announced a few more months ahead of that schedule? Usually they announce the releases about 3-4 months ahead of scheduled release dates.

David*P

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David

No, it's actually been just about two months between official announcement and release date. Season 1 was announced on 4/11/05 and released on 6/21/05, s.2 was announced 8/15/05 and released 10/25/06, and s.3 was announced 1/9/06 and released 3/21/06.

I also thought I had posted a list of which episodes have never been released in their entirety before but I guess I hadn't. Here are the episodes we can look forward to seeing new scenes from that have been cut from the syndicated episodes:

109. Toys in Babeland
110. Business, Italian Style
111. Double, Double, Toil and Trouble
112. Cheap, Cheap
116. Out of Synch, Out of Mind
117. That Was No Chick, That Was My Wife
121. My, What Big Ears You Have
122. I Get Your Nanny, You Get My Goat
124. Samantha’s da Vinci Dilemma
125. Once in a Vial
129. A Prince of a Guy
130. McTavish
131. How Green Was My Grass
133. Playmates
134. Tabatha’s Cranky Spell
135. I Confess
136. A Majority of Two
137. Samantha’s Secret Saucer
138. The No-Harm Charm
139. Man of the Year
140. Splitsville

That's almost 2/3 of the episodes from that season!! Woo-hoo!!

David*P

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David
I forgot to mention in my postings about the Salem trip that a new Canadian TV show called "FANatical" was there to film us for about one or two of the days. "FANatical" is a new 26 episode series that is to air on the Canadian TV channel TVTropolis this fall. They will be showing fans of various shows (including BW) and showcasing two or three fans from each show and their collections and also one big event related to the show. You can learn more about it at http://www.peacepoint.tv/pr/ABOUTFANatical.pdf. They will be highlighting Mark Simpson, the BW Collector and Gina Meyers, author of "The Magic of Bewitched".

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks