What's new

Bewitched Season 2 (1 Viewer)

David*P

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David
Thanks for the info, Pavan.

While searching through the net I found the cover art for s.2 over at a site called Home Media Retailing.

This is really cool as the pictures are more in line with s.2 than the first set was with it's season. But the pictures of Samantha and Endora are from s.1...it's all right though, close enough.

October 25th will not arrive soon enough!

ElijahS

Supporting Actor
I still haven't picked up Season 1 yet, but I most likely will when Season 2 comes out. This is a show I like to watch on TV Land, but the black and white episodes are my favorites, so knowing that all of those will be out on DVD in their original format is enough for me to bite. I would like to see the b&w cover art for Season 2, though.

David*P

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David
The cover art for the black & white was posted on TVShowsonDVD.com today and the extras listed above were confirmed.

I could do w/o the "Magic and Mayhem" feature...I wasn't impressed with it on the first set.

JamesTaylor

Stunt Coordinator
How long did the first Magic and Mishaps go for, on the first set? What footage did it have on it? Which episode bloopers?
-James

David*P

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David
The Magic and Mishaps on Season One run 7 minutes and 55 seconds. The footage shown corresponds with what is being talked about which includes bloopers seen in the episodes themselves and the appearance of celebrities on BW. The following is what they talk about:

In Ep#2 Gladys Kravitz is peering through the living room window and you can see the diagonal wooden strut inside the fake set.

In #27:"There's No Witch Like an Old witch" you can see the boom mike shadow when Samantha helps Aunt Clara out of the closet.

In "Mother Meets What's His Name" Sam and the neighbor seem to walk on air instead of going downstairs which is where they are headed.

In #5 when Darrin holds onto the stair railing it shakes really bad as though it's about to fall apart.

In "Pleasure O'Reilly" they look out one of the back windows in the bedroom and see her in the front yard. The same type of thing happens in "Illegal Separation" as well.

In #30 Darrin tries to get into the living room window after he has been locked out. As he is talking to Danger, who distracted him the camera cuts from him to her but when the camera cuts back to him he's trying to get into the den window.

In "It Takes One to Know One" when Larry says he's going home at the office the blinds are closed but on a cutback they are open.

In the first episode Darrin's hair is windswept coming back to the dinner table. The camera cuts to samantha and back to him and his hair is all straightened.

In #3 Samantha's hair is messed, straightened, messed in the scene with the police officers.

The narrator on the feature says "In that same episode" she tells the repair man that the phone is in the kitchen, but later it's right by the couch and then later it's gone again. This actually happens in Ep 10 "Just One Happy Family".

The narrator makes another mistake just after that by labeling "Which Witch is Witch" as episode #27 when in fact it's episode #24. The blooper in this episode is that Samantha has a dress fitting for a new dress but she's actually been seen wearing the same dress in episodes #7, 10, and 13.

Then the famous guest stars are listed: Lassie's mom June Lockhart in Episode 6, Maureen McCormick in "...And Something Makes Three", Adam West in #13, Bill Daily in the Christmas episode along with Billy Mumy, Peggy Lipton in #20, Arte Johnson in #36 and Paul Lynde in #26 not playing Uncle Arthur.

I just feel if there is going to be a blooper reel it should be the bloopers that didn't make it to the airwaves like line flubs or props malfunctiong.

You can see a listing of these mistakes and more over at 1164.com which mainly showcases the blueprints to the Bewitched house.

JamesTaylor

Stunt Coordinator
Oh my god, thank you so much for taking so much time to write this fantastic list for me! Thank you!
-James

David*P

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David
So I'm wondering if disc art has been found yet for this second season set.

I'm sure it'll be Samantha, Darrin, and Endora for the first three but what about the fourth and fifth? Larry? Gladys? Or maybe even Serena, even though she's only in one episode? I mean, season one has Harold Harold and he was only in one episode. Or maybe they'll go with Erin Murphy as Tabitha even though she doesn't show up until season three.

David*P

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David
Well, there isn't disc art available yet, I guess but TVShowsonDVD just posted the back cover art.

The three pictures are from some of the great episodes of the season including "And Then There Were Three", "Trick or Treat" with guest star Jack Collins, and "Speak the Truth".

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
NOt on topic, but does anyone know the whereabouts of drawings for the Brady house?

David*P

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David
Sorry, Jeff, don't know where Brady plans are but 1164 Morning Glory Circle house plans can be found at www.1164.com.

Sony has just posted the disc art for season 2 and boy have they done a doozy! I suppose the art really doesn't matter but...Serena's picture comes from her last episode in the EIGHTH season ("Serena's Youth Pill"), Uncle Arthur's picture is from "The No Harm Charm" from the fourth season and Samantha's is from the sixth season. They really should've had Alice Pearce instead of Serena, even though Serena does appear in "And Then There Were Three".

ElijahS

Supporting Actor
Any clue as to how the episodes will be spread out this time? Also, for those who ordered the B&W version from Amazon: did you get the correct version when you ordered? I'm wanting this more and more, but I want the right version.

ScottR

Senior HTF Member
I ordered from Amazon back in the summer, and they sent me the correct black and white version.

JohnMor

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Moreland

I still can't believe no Aunt Clara or Gladys on the discs. Like you said, the art doesn't really matter I guess, but still. Especially because this was Alice Pearce's Emmy-winning season.

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
I'm hoping that the retail stores will carry the black and white versions of Season 2. Only the color verions for Season 1 were available at Target, Circuit City and Best Buy and thusly many fans missed out on seeing the original version of Bewitched, aired in its original black and white version.

Jefferson

Supporting Actor
Once again, i couldn't be more thrilled that my favorite tv series of all is on dvd.
But, i am disappointed with the lack of extras included (including all on david's wishlist) since all this footage exists.

Ron Lee Green

Screenwriter
Don't get me wrong. I think Paul Lynde was a comedic genius and his appearances were memorable, but he only made one appearance in season 1 and one appearance during season two, yet Sony acts like he was the star of the show and has put him on both the discs for season 1 & 2, instead of gladys kravitz, aunt clara, or larry tate. At this rate, I wouldn't be surprised if he appears on a disc for every season Sony puts out.

The second season was also Alice Pearce's last season on the show so I hope they don't use her image on season 3. This just goes to show you that Sony doesn't know anything about their shows like the fans do.

I believe the Japanese dvd sets were designed by true fans because at least they used images from the appropriate seasons.

David*P

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David
DVD Talk has posted their review of s.2.

I SO wish that a BW fan worked at Sony so that these discs could be treated with more respect and so that the fans would be treated to rare items like commercials and such.

But, I cannot wait to be able to finally own it, regardless of the lack of extras and mind boggling pictures used on the packaging!:) :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks