What's new

Bewitched Season 2 (1 Viewer)

ScottR

Senior HTF Member
I heard that Season 2 is coming in mid-December and that both the b&w and color versions will be in the same set on flip sides of the discs.
Also, I wonder why they messed up the Parrot Scene in "It's Magic"?

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
The combined set idea sounds cool to me. Forking out for both versions is a little much.

ElijahS

Supporting Actor
I hope they don't. If it were more than one more season aired in black & white, it might be okay, but they need to keep it the same for the next set. I guess that this means that the movie will be out on DVD in December.

David*P

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David
Arfies over at Harpies Bizarre said she read somewhere that the movie and the second season were to be released in the middle of October, which would be all right with me as my birthday is then:)

I would like the sets to be released the same way the first season was released, one black and white, and one colorized.

I'm really excited for the second season because of the introduction of Uncle Arthur in "The Joker is a Card", probably THE funniest episode of Bewitched ever! And the introduction of Samantha's twin cousin, Serena. And, of course, the birth of Tabatha (which is how her name was spelled in the beginning).

Also Bernard Fox, who would later play Dr. Bombay, makes his first BW appearance as witch hunter Osgood Rightmeyer in the spooky "Disappearing Samantha". And Alice Ghostley, who would join the cast in season six as the bumbling witch-maid Esmeralda, plays a maid named Naomi in "Maid to Order" where she fills in for the Tate's maid who happens to be named Esmeralda.

Here is a listing of the 38 (!!!) second season episodes we can look forward to:

37. Alias Darrin Stephens - Aunt Clara turns Darrin into a chimp. Samantha learns she is pregnant.

38. A Very Special Delivery - Endora gives Darrin the symptoms of pregnancy. (This one is hilarious!)

39. We’re In for a Bad Spell - Darrin's pal Adam Newlarkin has inherited an ancient curse.

40. My Grandson, The Warlock - Maurice makes off with the Tate's baby thinking it is his grandson.

41. The Joker is a Card - Uncle Arthur cons Darrin into thinking he can do magic.

42. Take Two Aspirin and Half a Pint of Porpoise Milk - Samantha gets the rare, square green spot disease from a black Peruvian rose.

43. Trick-or-Treat - Endora gets mad at Darrin and turns him into a werewolf. (Maureen McCormick plays Endora as a little girl)

44. The Very Informal Dress - Aunt Clara conjures up new clothes for Darrin and Samantha.

45. ...And Then I Wrote - Samantha writes a play about the Civil War.

46. Junior Executive - Endora turns Darrin into a ten-year old boy (played by Billy Mumy).

47. Aunt Clara’s Old Flame - Aunt Clara's old boyfriend, Hedley, whose powers are also gone, pays a visit.

48. A Strange Little Visitor - Samantha baby sits for a young warlock, Merle. (James Doohan from Star Trek plays Merle's father).

49. My Boss the Teddy Bear - Darrin thinks Endora has changed Larry into a teddy bear.

50. Speak the Truth - Endora gives Darrin a "truth" statue as a gift. (This was remade practically word for word as the very last episode of Bewitched).

51. A Vision of Sugar Plums - A remake of # 15. It'll be interesting to see if this episode is included considering it's never shown on TV because the only difference between it and it's first season counterpart is the opening where Sam and Darrin recall their first Christmas. I really hope it is included.

52. The Magic Cabin - Samantha fixes up Larry's old cabin before Larry sells it to a young couple.

53. Maid to Order - Samantha has a new maid, the bumbling Naomi.

54. And Then There Were Three - Tabatha is born and upon seeing Serena for the first time, Darrin thinks she is Tabatha all grown up courtesy of Endora.

55. My Baby the Tycoon - The Kravitzes give Tabatha stock, which suddenly increases in value.

56. Samantha Meets the Folks - A remake of # 14. Again, I really hope this is included even though it's essentially the same episode as from the first season.

57. Fastest Gun on Madison Avenue - Samantha, protecting Darrin, makes him deck the contender, then the champ.

58. The Dancing Bear - Darrin's parents bring Tabatha a toy bear, identical to one Endora brought.

59. Double Tate - Endora gives Darrin three wishes.

60. Samantha, the Dressmaker - Samantha makes a dress for a party. Dick Gautier (Hymie from "Get Smart" plays a designer.)

61. The Horse’s Mouth - Samantha changes an escaped horse into a person.

62. Baby’s First Paragraph - Endora makes Tabatha talk in front of Gladys.

63. The Leprechaun - Samantha assists a leprechaun in getting back his pot of gold.

64. Double Split - Samantha and Louise mend a riff between Darrin and Larry.

65. Disappearing Samantha - A witch hunter, Osgood Rightmeyer, makes Samantha disappear.

66. Follow That Witch, Part 1 - Detective Charlie Leach finds out that Samantha is a witch.

67. Follow That Witch, Part 2 - Samantha puts Charlie Leach in his place in the conclusion to this story.

68. A Bum Rap - A bum cons Samantha into believing that he is Uncle Albert.

69. Divided, He Falls - Endora splits Darrin in two: work side and fun side.

70. Man’s Best Friend - Samantha is pestered by Rodney (Richard Dreyfus' first TV role, I believe), for whom she used to baby sit.

71. The Catnapper - Charlie Leach comes back and kidnaps a client turned into a cat, Toni Devlin.

72. What Every Young Man Should Know - Darrin and Samantha go back in time to before they were married.

73. The Girl with the Golden Nose - Samantha has to convince Darrin that he is succeeding on his own.

74. Prodigy - Samantha helps Gladys's nephew succeed as a violinist. (Alice Pearce's last aired episode).

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
I don't see why anyone would be complaining about having both versions available in one release, especially if the pricing is similar. I would prefer to own both versions, but can't justify doubling the price.

ElijahS

Supporting Actor
I don't want to have anything to do with the colorized versions on DVD. I am not sure if I'd even go over season 2 on DVD because I love the black and white episodes so much more than the color episodes.

It's not like there are going to be six seasons of black and white and two more in color, where pricing may become too much of an issue for fans who want both. There are only two seasons of Bewitched with black & white. Let the purists have their sets, and the colorized fans have their sets without mixing it together for those who don't want both.

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Sounds pretty selfish to me. It's not like anyone is forcing you to watch the color version if it is on the discs.

When DVD was first released, a major selling feature was options - you know, having both the proper aspect ration and a P&S version on the same disc. I hope Sony does release both together, you never know, it just might get someone interested in the original version who would otherwise have passed on B+W.

David*P

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David

I only want two separate sets so that the discs can have art...that's a pretty dumb reason but I like opening the DVD player and seeing the art on them and not having to strain my eyes reading the small print on the inside to see what it is.

But if they could do double sided discs WITH art than I'm all for having both versions on the same disc.

ElijahS

Supporting Actor
That's another part of my reasoning. Seasons 3-8 will, I'm 99.9% sure, not be made with a black and white option (unless the idiots at Sony really want to increase the appearance of their stupidity). The discs will, most likely, be single-side. If the color/b&w option is included for Season 2, then it would be the only set with double-sided discs (or it would be double the size of Season 1).

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
I agree. I hate those dual sided DVD's because they're too easy to get damaged. Sony should have only resorted to relasing the orignal versions. Why do they think they need to update the series in color in order to get the new generations to enjoy the series?

The colorized versions were never broadcast but th is is just another attempt by Sony to capitalize on money from the younger generation.

Steve Phillips

Screenwriter
The colorized versions actually have been braodast around the world for the past few years. Hallmark ran them several times over in 2001-02. Same for the colorized first season of "Jeannie".

I just want seasons 2-8 ASAP!

David*P

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David
Rumour hath it that BW season 2 will be released on Oct 18, one week before the movie is released on DVD on Oct 25...though I haven't been able to find any info to back this up...

JamesTaylor

Stunt Coordinator
Yay! I was hoping that the 2nd season would be released with the movie! I love the sound of both versions being on dual sided discs! I am also hoping that when the Sabrina movie is released, the 1st season of Sabrina the Teenage Witch is released. Same with the release of the movie to DVD and releasing the 2nd season.
But do you guys think that both the sets of Bewitched and Sabrina the Teenage Witch will be released as frequently, if at all, after the DVD releases of the movie adaptations? I hope so. Oh, does anyone know when I Dream Of Jeannie will be released? And if it's any news to you guys, Steve Carell is starring in another movie adaptation of a TV series, this time it's Get Smart. If you are not familiar with his work, he was in the US version of The Office, and he was Uncle Arthur in Bewitched(movie version). Hopefully Get Samrt will be released the same as Bewitched -
Movie Release to Theaters= 1st Season on DVD
Movie Release to DVD= 2nd Season to DVD.
And The Honeymooners and Wonderwoman as well
Bye everyone!
-James

David*P

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David
I had originally posted this list in the s.1 thread but it's appropriate here...it's a list of what extras I would hope for. Yes, I know they didn't have any of this stuff on the 1st season set, but they should repent!!
  • Original Sponsor openings and end credits with the "Bewitched has been brought to you by..." interstitials as well as "Bewitched Will Be Back" cartoon interstitial on every episode.
  • Screen Gems and ABC tags.
  • Cartoon Tabatha commercial where she sings about whether she's a witch or not.
  • Lux Soap commercial
  • Clips from the ABC '65 Fall Preview hosted by Darrin and Samantha.
  • "The fun is multiplied by one..." commercial (which includes an unused clip from "A Very Special Delivery")
  • Emmy Awards clip where Alice Pearce was presented an award post-humously.
  • The Flintstones Episode #146: "Samantha". I figure if the Dick Van Dyke Show can have that episode of the Danny Thomas show, than this is plausible.
  • Photo galleries.

I don't know about STTW (which I really want on DVD, at least the pre-college years) but I think BW will be released frequently as I believe it's a big seller.

JamesTaylor

Stunt Coordinator
Pavan_P - where did you find this information from? Do you have any cover art, disc art, info about any bonus features, episode inclusions or about any 2 sets of it - one black and white and one colour? Or is it a combined set with dual-sided discs? Sorry about so many questions, but I love both the Bewitched show and the movie - why are the critics bashing it? - and I'm hungry for information!?!?!?
-James

JamesTaylor

Stunt Coordinator
Okay, I can wait for the bonus features info, etc., but can you tell us where you got the information about the release dates from?
-James

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks