What's new

Bewitched? No, just annoyed. B&W isn't to be found! (1 Viewer)

Sean.S

Stunt Coordinator
I went to Wal-Mart yesterday to pick up the B&W set and all they had was Color. Oh, well--their loss (of $$$, that is) Online definately looks to be the way to go.

Nick=Ma

Stunt Coordinator
I noticed that in all the newspaper advertisements for Wal-Mart, Best Buy, Target, etc. the only picture shown was the color version. No mention of the B&W box set.

JohnMor

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Moreland
My local retailer, Laser Blazer in West LA, had the opposite: far more B&W on the shelf next to only 2 remaining color. It was great for finding the B&W, but it probably means that they sold more of the color ones. As for me, I bought one of each.

Angela_K

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Angela
Black and White version of Bewitched is ranked at #6 on amazon.com and the Colorized version is ranked at #15. That's good, I'm glad the B&W is doing better :)

That sucks that the B&W version can't be found in stores :frowning: :thumbsdown:

Robert Cruz

Stunt Coordinator
Even though I have no plans of buying it, I went to Suncoast and noticed they put out the DVDs early (I went Sunday the 19th), and from what I saw, all they had was the Black and White version (they had 3 copies just sitting in the shelf).

I guess it just depends on the store...

Bill Parisho

Stunt Coordinator
This will come as a shocker! I went to Tower Records in Philadelphia yesterday and all they had were B&W copies. I don't think that store even stocked the colorized ones.
Also, one bit of advice: complain to any store manager that doesn't carry the B&W version. It might help and it can't hurt.
Bill Parisho

Dave Farley

Second Unit
I've had no luck in finding the B&W set at any local retailers. I'll be checking Suncoast and Wal Mart later today.

Duane Alford

Second Unit
I went to two different WalMarts, and a Best Buy and only found the colorized one Circuit City didn't even have any. Looks like I'll have to hit ebay again.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Couldn't find B&W at Best Buy here either, but last night I made one of my regular trips to FYE to browse through their clearance center and they had one copy of the B&W (no colorized) in stock. Stagged it for $34.99.

Valerie G.

Stunt Coordinator
I've heard that the B&W set has the original episodes uncut, but the colorized set has the syndicated versions of the episodes, which are each missing a few minutes. Can anyone confirm this?

Angela_K

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Angela
That sounds like it could be right, cause didn't the episodes not get colorized till the show was in syndication?

Steve Phillips

Screenwriter
It's not true. The shows are full length in the color version of the set, both in the recent US version and the earlier Japanese sets.

Duane Alford

Second Unit

Sounds good to me too. I checked ebay and there's none as cheap as Amazon.com. I have no credit card so hopefully there's another way I can pay. In comparing Bewitched to I Dream Of Jeannie, when I was younger I never saw any of the b&w episodes of Bewitched in syndication. I only saw the very first b&w episode on Nick At Nite a year or so ago. On the other hand, when I was younger I did see the first season of I Dream Of Jeannie in b&w in syndication. I'm sure if the b&w version continues to outsell the colorized version, the people in charge will think twice when they get around to I Dream Of Jeannie. I definitely want that one, but I sure won't buy it if they only release a colorized version.

Tom_mkfty

Stunt Coordinator
I just buy off the shelves in stores.

I never have and never will shop online.

Shopping is an adventure.

Our local Future Shop had lots of B&W and only one colorized.

This being Friday, June 24, I wonder how many Bewitched DVD had been sold by now.

PaulP

Senior HTF Member
Gotta love shopping in the 21st century. I can order pretty much anything anywhere in the world and have it delivered to my doorstep without leaving my chair. Ah, capitalism! Who goes to actual stores anymore? ;)

Oh and why even release a color version? Who's gonna buy that atrocity, unless you're an extremely anal collector?

Doug^Ch

Second Unit

I can't believe that anyone only buys off the store shelves today. You must have a lot of money to burn if you pay brick and mortar prices. It is so easy to shop on line - you can buy anything from anywhere in the world and have it delivered to your home for the best price. I just ordered several DVD sets from Amazon.co.uk on Monday and had them on Thursday. I have never had a bad on-line experience - I've ordered everything from 200lb televisions to large bedroom sets to a simple wallet. Everything arrives on time and at the price I expected to pay. I almost never shop in an actual store. If you enjoy the "real" store experience more power to you, but if I have a choice, you will never catch me in one.

Richard_D_Ramirez

Second Unit
They had both versions at my local Costco last night. Why colorize in the first place? This just brings back the horrific memories of what Turner did to his catalog in the eighties. :angry:

8^B

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks