What's new

Bewitched: Did you ever think we'd ever get here? (1 Viewer)

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
Ack, heck no. By far and by large, there have been more complaints than recommendations where the Charmed complete series sets go.

Heck, even TV Shows on DVD gave Paramount bad popints all around on the Charmed series collection. The majority of disks damaged beyond belief, poor packaging.

Some of the complaints from Gord Lacey at TV Shows on DVD:

* cardboard pages are made from two pages stuck together, with the top page being glued to the bottom page. I found 10 of my discs in the 49 disc set were actually glued into the slit, and I had to wiggle them free. This resulted in dried glue being left on the disc, and while I could pick most of it off, there was still some residue left behind. I think 2 or 3 of the discs had minor scratches on them.

* Roughly 60-70% of my discs were covered in circular scratches! Something in the production process has seriously messed up these discs.

I wouldn't exactly call these packaged sets a boon. They're horrible. Even the complaints regarding the Flintstones had plenty of complaints.

JohnMor

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Moreland
I like the concept of a spellbook, though. Just not the cardboard pages. And the disc slots need top be lined.

Something akin to the Friends, Sopranos or West Wing complete series sets would have been nice. Dignified, elegant outer box, booklet with pics and episode listing. Ah well.

But, alas, we know they're gonna do something hideously tacky anyway, so why even dream of a classy alternative.

David*P

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David
Oh, I wasn't aware of all the problems with the spell book format.

Having bought the IDOJ Complete Series, I'm all for no hokey packaging...just something like John described, "Dignified, elegant outer box, booklet with pics and episode listing. Ah well." Episode listing is a MUST!! It's so irritating not having that with the IDOJ set.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks