What's new

Bewitched: Did you ever think we'd ever get here? (1 Viewer)

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
With the final season of Bewitched right around the corner to be released, did you ever think we'd ever get here? I can remember, before the first season was announced, how much I wished that someone would release the Bewitched TV series and now we almost have the entire series released.

I think it will always remain my favourite series. And, Agnes Moorhead will always remain my favourite on the show.

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
Now if they would hurry up and release (and finish) some of the other series that they've started then stopped such as:

Charlies Angels
The Flying Nun
The Rookies

among others. :angry:

I don't want to resort to getting these from "Other Sources" if you know what I mean?

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
I wouldn't but with Baywatch, I was forced to. When studios abandon TV shows after they start releasing them, that's the only way you can purchase them.

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack

I won't plug any places our outlets since we're not supposed to, but I have *never* had any qualms going that route as a purely stopgap measure because if I like these shows enough to watch them when they were on cable in repeats in substandard quality, then why should I have a hang-up about seeing similar looking versions on a disc?

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
Nobody's stating any "outlets." Just using generic terms.

I, for one, am very, very happy that the last season is right around corner. Considering that I just picked up Season 7.

JohnMor

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Moreland
Well, I for one would never buy bootleg, no matter what the film or show. But even if I would, that is a moot point where Bewitched is concerned. I remember wanting to own all the episodes when I was a kid (thinking it was impossible) and now it has come to pass.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Also, I remember when it was first announced, it was announced that Seasons One and Two would street the same day. Well when that changed to just Season One (and Tabitha: The Complete Series) I was worried that we might not get them all. Then again during that looooooong delay between S4 and S5, I worried again.

But now... woo-hoo!!!
htf_images_smilies_banana.gif
htf_images_smilies_dance.gif
htf_images_smilies_rock.gif

Can't wait for July!

Firebee

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dan
I am amazed that we're getting the 8th season so quickly, but not at all anxious...not now, when we're so close and the set has been announced...but I can certainly agree that I was silently fuming about the length of time between some of the seasons...like Regulus, I'm hoping that they'll now turn their attention to ``Charlie's Angels,'' ``The Flying Nun'' and finishing ``Hooker'' as well.

David*P

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David

Your comment about "wanting to own all the episodes when I was a kid" reminded me of when the Columbia House tapes were released with FOUR episodes per tape at about the same price as what just one season on DVD costs now! I also remember that I figured out that it would be end up being 63.5 videos to have the entire series and I started making plans to buy some shelves. I also decided that they would just leave out the two "redo" episodes from Season 2 to make an 'even' 63 tapes. I was bummed out when they ended with just 20 tapes and none of them having DS episodes. I had even come up with at least 25 more themes for 25 more tapes! But can you imagine what we would've spent on 63 tapes??!!!

When S.1 was finally announced I thought, only for a brief moment, that maybe that's all their would be, that it was simply to help promote the BW movie which was released to theaters the same week. Then when S.2 was announced so quickly I thought maybe it was just to coincide with the DVD release of the movie. But then I realized that this series would just be too popular not to release all the seasons. Even with the HUGE gap between S.4 and S.5 I didn't give up.

It's going to be awesome having all the episodes FINALLY released!

Now if they'd just release them all again with their sponsors and such, it would be perfect!

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
Ack, I hated those Columbia tapes. I just hope that if Sony ever decides to release a complete series set that they don't package it into some kind of stupid limited edition packaging like "I Dream of Jeannie" or "Little House on the Prairie." Also, no slip and slide packaging either where the DVD's slide in and out of paper pockets like the Flintstones packaging the that dreaded Simpsons DVD packaging ...

In any event, I can't wait to get my hands on the Eighth and final season. Maybe now Sony will finish out All in the Family.

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
I would too, probably, but only if the studio released a standard version of a complete series. Not ugly deformed collections. I can see it now. The boxed set in the shape of Samatha's head or maybe the broomstick.

JohnMor

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Moreland
I'm with you there, Mark. That "Jeannie" thing was ghastly. Bewitched deserves elegant packaging, instead of being treated like a Sid and Marty Krofft show for 8 year olds.

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
Well, I'd definitely double dip. I'd buy the comkplete series set and hold onto the eight individual seasons for myself as well.

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
Mark Talmadge said:
that dreaded Simpsons DVD packaging ...

QUOTE]

I Replaced that packaging with some CD Jewel Cases that fit inside the Outside Box like they were made to order!:laugh:

MBrousseau

Second Unit
Real Name
Martin Brousseau

Good choice, Mark!
I'll vote on that: Samantha's head. Like in the cartoon opening, when Sam in close up, twitching her nose. Same as in the "Bewitched Back in a moment" interstitial.

David*P

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David
I think they should just totally rip off the packaging from the Charmed Series and do a spell book with large pictures on pages dividing each seasons DVDs. That would be AWESOME!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation562
Recent bookmarks