1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Bewitched Complete Series Box set?

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by David*P, Sep 29, 2009.

1. Jdcrackers

Jdcrackers Well-Known Member

Has anyone heard about the Lawerence Twins? I wonder what they are up to now? Can you guys believe it has been 45 years since Bewitched aired? Time flies...and they sure do not make shows like they used to make them... The only show I watch on Television now are the dramas Medium and Ghost Whisperer

2. Ethan Riley

Ethan Riley Well-Known Member

Well I think Sandra's interpretation of the character was more strident, that's all. I enjoy Alice's take as well; I think Alice had more levels and subtleties going on with that character than did Sandra.
    JD: if you like Medium & Ghost Whisperer, why aren't you watching Supernatural? It's a pretty straight-forward horror/macabre series, but there's lots of humor in there as well. For that matter, why not give Eureka a try; that's the one about the town populated by ultra-advanced scientists; their inventions sometimes seem like magic. Seems like both these series owe a little to Bewitched ;)

3. Jdcrackers

Just about everyone from the cast died from cancer I think. Paul Lynde had a heart attack or so they think... what about the others? I hear Mr. Fox is still doing extremely well as is Mr. Asher.

4. Ethan Riley

No, they didn't all die of cancer lol. This is morbid, but...
    Agnes Moorehead: 1974, uterine cancer
    David White: 1990, heart attack
    Dick York: 1992, emphysema
    Reta Shaw: 1982, emphysema
    Dick Sargent: 1994, prostate cancer
    Sandra Gould: 1999, stroke
    Elizabeth Montgomery: 1995, colorectal cancer
    Paul Lynde: 1982, heart attack?? (some say he had cancer and was self-medicating)
    George Tobias: 1980, bladder cancer
    Parley Baer: 2002, stroke
    Sara Seegar, 1990, brain hemorrhage
    Maurice Evans: 1989, cancer
    Alice Pearce, 1966, ovarian cancer
    Kasey Rogers, 2006, stroke
    Marion Lorne, 1968, heart attack
    Mabel Albertson, 1982, complications due to Alzheimer's disease
    Alice Ghostley, 2007, colon cancer
    Yet, they live on as long as we watch Bewitched. Let's end this post with a holiday greeting:
    [​IMG]

5. Jdcrackers

Hey Thanks for clearing that up...I often wondered which cast members died, because in Pilato's book it really doesn't specify that... Maudie Prickett that played Tab's teacher died in 77?? Not sure, but do you know what she died from? I thought Sara Seegar was still alive, but I was wrong... I always heard she was a sweet lady... That's a good pic of the BW Christmas.. do you have any from the Sargent era? Thanks

6. Jdcrackers

By the way what did Darrin's two fathers die from? I never can find any info on Simons and the other one

7. MBrousseau

MBrousseau Well-Known Member

Martin Brousseau
    Thank you for the recap, Ethan.

8. JohnMor

JohnMor Premium
    Supporter

John Moreland
    Both Robert F. Simon and Roy Roberts died of heart attacks; Simon in 1992 and Roberts in 1975.

Also, we can the great Charles Lane, who died in 2007 at age 102 & 1/2 of, most probably, heart failure.

9. Ethan Riley

Maudie Prickett died in 1976 of kidney failure. Both of Darrin's dads died of heart attacks: Robert Simon in 1992 and Roy Roberts in 1975. Irene Vernon died in 1998 of unknown causes. But enough of death! Here's two family photos from the Sargent era:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. MBrousseau

Martin Brousseau
    I was looking at your picture postings and I thought I could share some great looking pictures too coming from a French website. They are in great resolutions.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. MBrousseau

Martin Brousseau
    I forgot this one. Don't forget to click on the pictures for a bigger display.
    [​IMG]

12. Ethan Riley

Thank you for sharing! I ended up using the animated one as my desktop background lol~~

13. Ron Lee Green

Ron Lee Green Well-Known Member

Here's a Christmas pic from the set of the fourth season episode, "Humbug Not To Be Spoken Here":
    [​IMG]

14. Jdcrackers

Thanks for posting the great pics!! I love the one with little Adam on the suitcase... I just love the 8th season... Too bad they didn't film a Christmas Episode that season, but I think I like season 7 Christmas episode the best... Martin do you have any other photos from the last few seasons that you can share? Thanks

15. MBrousseau

Martin Brousseau
    Originally Posted by Jdcrackers
    [​IMG]

16. MBrousseau

Martin Brousseau
    Here's Serena from... season 6, maybe?
    [​IMG]

17. David*P

David*P Well-Known Member

David
    This is actually from Season 8's "Serena's Youth Pill", the last Serena episode. Great pics!!

18. Ethan Riley

I just happened to watch the 3rd season episode "Endora Moves in for a Spell," and in that one, Endora loudly proclaimed that she'd been an only child until Arthur came along. That means that Clara can't be her sister, unless Clara is somehow younger than both Endora and Arthur...and that doesn't seem quite right...

19. JohnMor

JohnMor Premium
    Supporter

John Moreland
    That's the point of the whole discussion about the relationships and ages never being clearly defined. The writers wrote what they needed to at any given time. They were writing a weekly sitcom, not a docudrama on the life of that particular family. Check out the various and sundry dates Darrin started work at McMann and Tate, as well as the various places Sam and Darrin said they went on their first date. The same thig was going on simultaneously on The Dick Van Dyke Show, arguably the best written sitcom of the decade. Check out how many times the flashbacks to Rob and Laura's early days contradicted each other when seen back to back.

20. JohnMor

JohnMor Premium
    Supporter

John Moreland
    Another expedient incongruity: in "Just One Big Happy Family," Maurice claims that warlocks never need medicine, then the next year the writers (wisely) dump that tack in favor of the rich vein of humor they can mine from ill witches and warlocks (and eventually Dr. Bombay and the Postlethwaite.)