What's new

Beverly Hillbillies, Season 3 coming in February '09 (1 Viewer)

Is anyone else having trouble locating a copy of Beverly Hillbillies: The Official Third Season. I'm going to go ahead and order a copy from Amazon, but it concerns me that Best Buy, Barnes & Noble, Borders, Target or Wal-Mart (those are just the stores I've checked around town) have not stocked this title. I've checked the inventory online of several Best Buys and Barnes & Nobles around the country and have YET to find a copy in stock.

Me, being a rabid classic tv fan, will actively seek out a specific title, but what about the casual consumer! This could potentially be a huge seller for CBS, but if stores don't stock it, casual buyers will never see it, which, I'm sure I don't have to remind you guys, will seriously put a title's future in jeopardy!! Bottom line, just wondering if anyone else has had trouble finding this in brick & mortar stores and why do you think stores aren't stocking this title?

cajunhillbilly

Screenwriter
Real Name
Willard
it is not at Walmart. A lot of titles released yesterday were not at Walmart. The guy who runs the electronics dept says they are cutting back on tv on dvd. Not good news in general.

cherisland

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Todd
In Canada (Winnipeg), On Feb 17, I went to my local Walmart store first thing in the morning around 8am and checked the new release rack....sure enough on the very top left corner they had a label that stated that spot was reserved for Beverly Hillbillies season 3, but the rack was empty. On my way to ask the sales clerk, another gentleman beat me to it and asked her if they had the new 3rd season of Beverly Hillbillies....the clerk was very nice saying she had not come across it yet but took us to a pile of new boxes that she was going through and she checked several of them without any luck. The guy thanked her and left. I wandered around the store a bit more and then returned one more time to the electronics department, just in case. Lucky I did as when the sales clerk saw me she said, "good your still here! We did get it in after all " and proceeded to hand me a copy. Hurray!! So I DID manage to get a copy the day it was suppose to come out..unfortunately there were only 4 more copies so I am sure they went fast. Good price too of $34.99 Canadian!
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

So far have only watched the 1st episode but the set looks good...similar to the 2nd season (with your choice of including the original openings and closings) and I am looking forward to the bonus special "Legend of the Beverly Hillbillies" as well. Good Stuff....ready for Season 4 as I'll go through this one pretty quick!

Carabimero

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
Got my set today from Amazon...I swear they intentionally designed the ugliest DVD cover they possibly could...but the show rocks...however they made the disc number so small on each disc that with the silver backing it's almost impossible to read....what's up with that?

Doug^Ch

Second Unit
Anyone have any idea when we should be looking for Season 4? I just finished Season 3, and I have a powerful hankerin' for more Hillbillies.

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug^Ch

Anyone have any idea when we should be looking for Season 4? I just finished Season 3, and I have a powerful hankerin' for more Hillbillies.

Good things come to those who wait. I know I'm more than ready for the next installment too. I'd say if we are going to see more releases we should see something in the first quarter of next year. If for some reason we get through March of 2010 without a release, then I'd start to worry.

Gary "I'd be shocked if this show hasn't done well enough for CBS/P to order more releases, but who knows..." O.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks