What's new

Better Service with Amazon (1 Viewer)

Lee Scoggins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
I just spoke to Amazon and they were real helpful. Here are the highlights:

1. Standard shipping is not the same as media or bulk rate and the oustide date they said I should have expected was 5 days or by Saturday.

2. They believe USPS lost the shipment since their site has not updated my tracking number. I would have seen more tracking detail had the shipment progressed on from Kentucky according to Sue the friendly rep.

3. To remedy the situation, they are sending by UPS overnight a copy of the book. It will leave tomorrow so I should be in business by Friday.

4. Sue was very friendly and said she had a lot of negative feedback for this carrier (USPS). She said they review shipping quality frequently and my case would definitely be added in.

So all things considered, Amazon did a good job and I am satisfied. I think I got a rare bad experience so I will probably use Amazon again in the future but with a faster, more guaranteed, more easily tracked shipping option.

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams
Glad to hear that you finally got it sorted out, Lee. Amazon's telephone customer service is usually top notch! :emoji_thumbsup:

Elinor

Supporting Actor
Lee, that is good news. I think the reason many of us were frustrated by the last thread is that we have much experience with just the kind of customer service you are describing.

Jeff Bezos took a lot of criticism in the early years of Amazon because he wanted to base his company's operations on terrific customer service as opposed to financially smart customer service. He figured, make customers happy, and they will be customers for life. Through many years of red ink he persisted in providing great service even when it cost them too much money. Ultimately, the company DID become profitable and Jeff was proved right.

Jay Gregory

Stunt Coordinator
As I detailed in the locked thread "Poor Service with Amazon," a package that supposedly shipped 1/31 from the same KY facility that Lee mentioned did not arrive last week as I expected, based on prior Amazon shipping experiences via USPS. It is still currently in "Accepted" status according to the USPS tracking website.

Since the last date of the estimated delivery date range was this past Tuesday, I waited until after mail was delivered Wednesday to contact Amazon.

The sales rep immediately agreed to reship the package. It is scheduled to be delivered via FedEx tomorrow (Friday.)

Since it also took Amazon almost a week to package and ship another pre-order that "usually ships in 24 hours" I'll have to assume that something went way wrong last week in their Campbellsville, KY facility. I seriously doubt that these packages ever made it into the mailstream in the first place.

I have two remaining Amazon packages that were not delivered today. The outside delivery date range for both of them is tomorrow, so I'll wait until then to have those reshipped. Maybe I'll be surprised and they'll show up tomorrow, along with the reshipped package from FedEx.

Lee Scoggins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
Jay,

I'm sorry you are still hurt by the Kentucky chaos I was subjected to. They seem to be taking care of us. I betcha Amazon rethinks the USPS if there are numerous occurences. My tracking data has not changed from the shipment being "accepted" in Kentucky.

Somewhere there is a Mac fan at the post office building up a nice reference library. :)

Lee Scoggins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
Here are the sad details. I'm just flabbergasted...

DELIVERED

Shipment Date:
Feb 10, 2005

Destination:
Alpharetta, GA, United States

Cosignee:
HLIVKA

Order ID:
XXX

Date
Time
Location Service Area
Checkpoint Details

Feb 10, 2005 *
01:07:00 PM *
MAPLE GROVE MN US *
DELIVERY *

Feb 10, 2005 *
08:23:29 AM *
MAPLE GROVE MN US *
OUT FOR DELIVERY *

Feb 10, 2005 *
07:45:28 AM *
MAPLE GROVE MN US *
OUT FOR DELIVERY *

Feb 10, 2005 *
07:35:14 AM *
MAPLE GROVE MN US *
OUT FOR DELIVERY *

Feb 10, 2005 *
07:33:27 AM *
MAPLE GROVE MN US *
OUT FOR DELIVERY *

Feb 10, 2005 *
06:37:00 AM *
MAPLE GROVE MN US *
ARRIVAL SCAN *

Feb 10, 2005 *
06:07:00 AM *
MINNEAPOLIS MN US *
DEPARTURE SCAN *

Feb 10, 2005 *
05:29:00 AM *
MINNEAPOLIS MN US *
ARRIVAL SCAN *

Feb 10, 2005 *
04:39:00 AM *
LOUISVILLE KY US *
DEPARTURE SCAN *

Feb 10, 2005 *
01:57:29 AM *
LOUISVILLE KY US *
ORIGIN SCAN *

Feb 10, 2005 *
01:06:18 AM *
Lexington KY USA *
SHIPPED *

Feb 09, 2005 *
10:42:01 PM *
US *
BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED *

Jay Gregory

Stunt Coordinator
Lee,
I can only assume that Amazon has lost control of its supply chain! ;)

I'm sorry that you've had a bad experience.

Lee Scoggins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
Something is definitely wrong in Kentucky. I don't think this is just a delivery issue anymore.

I have yet a third shipment due in tomorrow. If that fails its refund time.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation821
Recent bookmarks