What's new

'Better Off Ted' - Season 2 (1 Viewer)

Shawn Shultzaberger

Supporting Actor
I'm glad this is back on. This first episode didn't have me laughing like some of the past ones but it's a good start to the new season.

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
I am starting to like this show more and more. It seems to grow on you. Sort of like the space moss. :)

I agree with the above comment about Portia. She is gold every time she is on screen.

I didn't know where the term "turd" came from. Now I do. LOL

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
I thought Taye Diggs was funny as hell. Portia de Rossi is WHY I watch this show. Not only is she gorgeous but I can't wait to hear what she will say next. She is brilliant in this roll. It is another one of those shows that has all the right actors, with the spot on scripts that is produced second to none and brilliantly played out. Which naturally means it will be dropped after this season.

I missed the Veridian Dynamics commercial too.

Shawn Shultzaberger

Supporting Actor
They had a Veridian Dynamics commercial! Woohoo!

Commercial: "Veridian Dynamics. Our team. Over 100,000 strong. And we love all of them. Unless they cross us. Then we'll hunt them down and hurt them. Because that's love, too. Veridian Dynamics. Don't cross us. Ever. Seriously. Just don't."

Veronica: Children... so adorable. In a way, they're like people.
Ted: Yes, that's why there's a taboo about eating them.

Ted: We can have one conversation with Rose. Gently.
Veronica: Fine. Let's get her up here, crack her open like a lobster claw, and scoop out her sweet white meat of information. Gently.
Ted: I know you don't like to eat children, but it's that kind of talk and your cottage in the woods made of candy that keeps those rumors alive.

Great show!

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
DVR alert. The Rose Bowl went late, so Ted started off the half hour. Your DVR might have missed some of the show (or Scrubs if you were recording both).

Shawn Shultzaberger

Supporting Actor
No way this is true. I'll have to see if I still have it saved on my DVR. This has got to be a chop. I don't remember that at all.

The latest episode of Better Off Ted shows a Dr. Who "Dalek" in the robot room of Veridian Dynamics?????

http://io9.com/5438790/better-off-ted-reveals-the-origins-of-doctor-whos-tin+plated-bad-guys

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Yes it is true. I saw it. It happens when the 2 scientists go down to the "robot farm". Just as they walk into the room, you can see it along the back wall. I loved it.

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
I really hope this show makes it. It has become my 2nd favorite comedy. That is bad news for a 3rd season. LOL

It is funny that they mentioned Dilbert. I think the feel of this show reminds me a lot of Dilbert for some reason.

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
I read somewhere the other day that ABC is planning on killing BOT after this season along with Scrubs. I will be really disappointed in ABC if they do it. It just keeps getting better and better.

Dramatic music playing --- "I have to pee".

Phil: "For some reason the company will only give out my medical records to the insurance company, the company and for some unknown reason the RNC."

Commercial: Veridian Dynamics. Friendship. It's so important. But it's different at work. Time spent with friends at work robs your employer of opportunity. And robbing people is wrong. Veridian Dynamics. Friendship. It's the same as stealing.

Greg: I have my own little way of acting out.Linda: Really?Greg: Yeah.Linda: What is it?Greg: No, you're going to think it's strange.Linda: Oh, come on. I told you my thing.Greg: All right. Uh, twice a week after work, I put on a totally realistic bear costume and hang out in the park.Linda: You what now?Greg: Yeah, it makes me feel powerful. Mighty. I don't scare anyone. I sit around in the bushes, root around for berries. Once I pushed on a camper. You know, bear kind of stuff.

Veronica: So obviously that whale thing is a winner, or you wouldn't be telling me it's a loser.Elijah Palmer: Unless it's really a loser, and I'm pretending it's a loser to make you think it's a winner.Veronica: Or I'm pretending to think it's a winner, when I actually know it's a loser because you said it's a loser to make me think it's a winner.Elijah Palmer: And so... the student becomes the master.Veronica: Or the student has always been the master, and just wanted the master to think the master was the master when he was actually just the student.Elijah Palmer: These conversations are why your mother left us.Veronica: That, and the fact you porked your way through my sorority.

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
When ABC renewed Scrubs and BOT, the ratings bar was pretty low for sitcoms -- basically, the 1 mil or so that watched these shows.

Now with The Middle, Modern Family, and Cougartown pulling in many more viewers than that, the bar has been reset and neither Scrubs nor BOT have the ratings it needs to continue. So ABC is burning off the shows and there is zero hope for a third season.

BOT is one of the better shows on TV and it's a shame that ABC has no interest in helping it succeed. I mean, they even moved Ugly Betty to Wednesday as a last shot, and it pulled in less viewers than the canceled Eastwick.

In my mind, the title of the show is terrible. It imparts nothing of what the show is about, is generically blah, and sort of sounds like a Zombie comedy.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Parker Clack

I read somewhere the other day that ABC is planning on killing BOT after this season along with Scrubs. I will be really disappointed in ABC if they do it. It just keeps getting better and better.
I'm surprised. Killing "Scrubs" makes sense -- it was the renewal after the series finale that was the headscratcher -- but it seems like using "Better off Ted" to plug the "Hank" hole in the Wednesday night comedy line-up would be an obvious decision.

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
Except that BOT gets worse ratings than Hank. What they need to do is put BOT on after a hit show to grow the audience. But the only place is after Modern Family (other than the sitcoms, all the other ABC shows are hour longs), and they're not going to potentially hurt Cougar Town to gamble on BOT. They could try moving The Middle to 8pm and sticking BOT in the 8:30 slot before Modern Family, but that might hurt both The Middle and Modern Family.

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
For me the show is getting better with each episode. The last 4 in particular were killers.

I loved the memo bit with "You Must use Abusive language at work". and Phil and Lem in the elevator after the guy with the water bottle smashed them both with it: Lem: I'm just glad he stopped!

There are so many great one liners in this program. It is well written, acted and produced. I just wish they would give it a chance so that it can win a lot of Golden Globes and Emmy's.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks