1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Best way for my DTV install?

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by clay_w, Dec 7, 2003.

1. clay_w

clay_w Well-Known Member

I need advice for the best way to install DTV...I currently have DTV w/ a 2 lnb dish that feeds to a multiswitch into my house. From the multiswitch I have 2 lines to Tivo #1, 2 lines to Tivo #2 and 1 line to a regular receiver.

I am moving soon to a tri-level home (no basement and attic does not seem accesable).

I will be using DTV's moving program to have everything installed in the new house but the question is would it be best to just get another 2 lnb dish and do the setup like I have now? (my multiswitch is not an outdoor switch though so I don't know how this would be installed)

The configuration in the new house will be 1 Tivo in lower level, 1 Tivo in upper level bedroom #1, 1 regular receiver in bedroom #2, and another regular receiver in bedroom #3 (6 lines).

If I order the 3 lnb w/ the multiswitch built in, won't I still need my current multiswitch because I will need soo many lines ran?

2. Grant B

Grant B Well-Known Member

The installer should provide everything as long as he is aware of all the recievers