What's new

Best Vid Card (<$200) for HT PC to display on 50" Plasma (1 Viewer)

I'm thinking of building a PC to use with my 50" Panasonic TH-50PHD8UK. I need (1) a really great Video Card for less than $200 and (2) a Digital TV Tuner Card to receive Cable TV High Definition video. I think I've found a pretty good Tuner Card: either the Leadtek PVR2000 OR the Hauppauge 1042 Win TV150 (anyone have any thoughts on either?).
When it comes to Video Cards, I'm just having a hard time wrapping my mind around all of the differences between the cards, etc. I'm not concerned about gaming. I mainly just want a PC that will be able to record (to the HDD) HD & SD programs and then play them back really well (like any HD broadcast should look).
Any thoughts or suggestions

Just want to make sure of something...
The PVR-150 can record High Definition video, right? As I mentioned before, I want to use it with my cable HD signal as well as standard definition. Thanks for the help with the Video Out Card as well.

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
The Hauppauge PVR-150 has absolutely no high definition recording capability at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks