What's new

Best uPnP media player on iPad/Kindle/mobile platforms? (1 Viewer)

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
not sure which forum to post this but i have ipad/kindle and would like use a stable (preferably free) uPnP media player client app.

for the ipad, i've tried:
PowerPlayer (+ icon in bottom left)VM Player HD (second (Globe) icon on top left)PlugPlayerPlayerXtreme (Menu (third icon at the top left / Connect to Server))8playerAcePlayer (Media Servers / „+” icon in top right)BUZZ PlayerGoodPlayer
MoliPlayer

and so far only MoliPlayer works the best.. but even then it doesn't play everything properly.

for the kindle i've tried ES Folder browser+
BSPlayer
MX
but it's still not quite there...

any other suggestions? running out of apps to test/try out.

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
I've done pretty extensive testing and skifta doesn't cut it either.the only 2 apps that really work for me on the android/kindle platform is:->use es explorer to browse SMB shares, then useBS Player to play almost all the formats... except MKV container.Strangely enough moliplayer will play the contents that BS Player can't play.so between the 3 apps I can play almost everything on android/kindle platform.on the IOS platforms, I can only use moliplayer in any real meaningful way, but I read recently that almost all media players on the IOS platform ceased playing back AC3 due to licensing expirations with Dolby... so even though the video plays fine almost no media player can playback content with AC3. aaaanyways... almost there for a true universal media streaming =P

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks