What's new

Best TV Show Of All Time (1 Viewer)

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
And there are some shows that just cannot be included or excluded on an ideal list.

But who said it was supposed to be an ideal list?

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
***THE TOURNAMENT HAS BEGUN!!!***
The first faceoff (first to 32 wins):
All In The Family vs. Your Show of Shows
Vote now!
***THE TOURNAMENT HAS BEGUN!!!***

Ric Bagoly

Senior HTF Member
All In The Family-easily. Your Show Of Shows was a fine variety show, but no better than say, Jackie Gleason's or Perry Como's (except for the writing team :cool: )

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
Isn't that a bit much, most tourneys are lucky to get 20 votes in a bracket between the two choices. for a single show to gather 32 votes may take a very long time.
i may lower it to 16...if there aren't 32 votes for either show by tomorrow night or sunday, i'll change it.

Rob Tomlin

Senior HTF Member
Isn't that a bit much, most tourneys are lucky to get 20 votes in a bracket between the two choices. for a single show to gather 32 votes may take a very long time.
I agree! The better practice is probably putting some type of time limit on each bracket, usually 24 hours (approximately).

Louis C

Supporting Actor
I have seen excerpts. The video quality was quite poor and the variety show format has not weathered time well, so...

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
The better practice is probably putting some type of time limit on each bracket, usually 24 hours (approximately)
i suppose that sounds reasonable. since this is the first faceoff and i'm changing the rule, i'll extend the current voting period until 3:00pm EST tomorrow. no guarantees that i'll be able to get online and start the next faceoff by that time tomorrow, but i won't accept any votes beyond that time. sound good to you all?

Dheiner

Gazoo
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Dhein
Your Show of Shows. It probably also belongs in any TV top ten. It was one of the most original shows ever, and boasted easily the best team of comedy writers in history.
All in the Family was also very good, but, it was not very original, and spawned some of the worst, albeit hit, spin-offs ever.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks