What's new

Best TV Show Of All Time (1 Viewer)

JenB

Screenwriter
I would like to see it go to 64. Give people a little more time (and more noms, seconds, and thirds if you think they need them). I also think the new list will help get more responses now too.
Nominate:
Battlestar Galactica - One of the first shows that got me interested in science fiction plus it had cuties Apollo (Richard Hatch) and Starbuck (Dirk Benedict) :b
Quantum Leap - Before there was Enterprise, there was this unique show that took us on adventures through time and space with Sam Beckett (Scott Bakula) and his hologram friend Al. The underrated Bakula showed amazing versatility, charm, and humor as he leaped into an astonishing array of characters of different ages, genders, colors, and even a monkey once as well. :)
Second:
The Addams Family - Truly a TV classic that deserves a place in this contest-Plus, it is hard to get the funny theme song out of my head ;)
Third:
Star Trek: Deep Space Nine - Another well done and enjoyable Trek show will get my next boost into the tournament
More noms, seconds, and thirds to come from me soon.

Tommy G

Screenwriter
I would like to see it go to 64 as well. I'm saving my thirds for those extra special shows (like Battlestar Gallactica - a guilty pleasure yes). However I am sadly :frowning: out of seconds so I'll just have to wait for someone to second it. ;)

Angelo.M

Senior HTF Member
I agree, let's give it time and get it to 64.
Sorry to be out of thirds and seconds,
Hoping to see Outer Limits get a third,
AM

Gabe D

Senior HTF Member
I had already nominated The Larry Sanders Show, so consider it seconded (either by Christopher or by me).

Christopher~O

Stunt Coordinator
Whoops, my bad.

My UTV's waiting with about 20 episodes of Larry to watch. Thank you Bravo, but did you have to beep out the naughty bits?

Mark Olson

Auditioning
Nominate:
The West Wing
Ed
Judging Amy
Whose Line Is It Anyway?
King Of The Hill
Northern Exposure
2nd:
Once and Again
The Jeffersons
Happy Days
3rd:
Get A Life
Millenium
Quantum Leap
Star Trek- The Next Generation
(votes left-nom:4, 2nd:2, 3rd:1)

Rob Tomlin

Senior HTF Member
It doesn't appear that anyone has nominated one of my favorite shows from the 70's- The Rockford Files, which I will use as my first nomination.

JenB

Screenwriter
Great characters with superb alien :alien: makeup in epic stories are hallmarks of the terrific, classic science fiction shows, Farscape and Babylon 5 - Both shows are still in need of seconds so please show your support for great science fiction soon. Many episodes of both shows are out on DVD if you haven't caught them yet. In addition, the Looney Tunes themed episode of Farscape has to be seen to be believed. :laugh:
Also, several new episodes of Farscape are coming back to the Sci Fi Channel in January. Hurray! :)

JenB

Screenwriter
Nominate:
Red Dwarf - This probably does not stand a chance but I think this show is a great mix of British comedy and science fiction that always makes me laugh in clever ways. :laugh: (If you have not caught it on a PBS affiliate near you, it is also available on VHS but I not yet seen it on DVD)
Another great British science fiction show that aired for three decades on the BBC, Doctor Who still needs a Third.
This outstanding show always entertained as the Doctor and his many companions experienced great adventures through time and space in his time machine (which was stuck in the form of a blue British police call box). With his long scarf, floppy hat, curly hair, and big grin, Tom Baker was easily the most lovable and memorable of the seven doctors. Although each of the others was fun and interesting to watch as well.
The show spawned 2 theatrical movies starring Peter Cushing in the 60s, books, at least one play, radio shows and, most recently, a Fox TV movie in the 90s. You can catch the original series on PBS, video and possibly on DVD. Jelly Baby anyone? :)

JenB

Screenwriter
Nominate:
Ranma 1/2 - Fun and funny anime series that has run for many years in Japan. It is the story of the adventures of a cursed teenage boy who changes into a teenage girl whenever he is splashed with water. His dad changes into a panda bear. They are both experts in the Anything Goes School of Martial Arts. Other cool characters include ones that change into a cat, a very cute pig, and a goose.
The series is available on both VHS and it recently started coming out on DVD as well. Be sure to check it out if you want an excellent introduction to the wonderful world of anime. Much better then most anime that gets shown in the States and it definitely is very deserving of airtime at the very least on one of the American cartoon networks.
Picking just one Japanese anime series to represent all my favorites was very difficult. Other favorites that I considered for this included Tenchi Muyo, Cat Girl Nuku Nuku -Dash, Urusei Yatsura (aka Those Obnoxious Aliens), Vampire Princess Miyu-the TV Series, Devil Hunter Yohko, Blue Seed, Magical Knights Rayearth, and El Hazard.
Hey anime fans, what are some of your favorites?
Sorry for the delay in posting this-was hoping to do it last night but have not been feeling well, alas, and could not get my thoughts together. Off I go now to take more medicine. :frowning: Hopefully, more to come from me soon. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks