1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Best sound for outdoor theater?

Discussion in 'Beginners, General Questions' started by mpjmeyer, May 17, 2013.

1. mpjmeyer

mpjmeyer New User

Michael
    Would you suggest the sony bdv-t79 htib or purchasing denon receiver, speakers, and sub all seperate? I have read reviews on the sony bdv-t79 and most sites give this a 3 out of 5 stars.

I will be using the sound system for outdoor events when I project movies or games on the 120" screen so I want great sound. Anybody have experience with the BDV-T79?

2. Jim Mcc

Jim Mcc Well-Known Member

Jim
    Great sound and HTIB do not go together. Buy a receiver, speakers and sub. Every time you use it outdoors you're going to set up, then remove a 5.1 system and projector? That's going to get old REAL quick.

3. mccambley

mccambley Well-Known Member

Casey
  4. Jim Mcc

Jim Mcc Well-Known Member

Jim
    Conduit outside?

5. swaroopchanda

swaroopchanda Active Member

Swaroop
    I purchased sony bdv-t79 htib before I knew about this Forum. I was terribly dissappointed by its sound. Thanks to Amazon return policy. I returned it and purchased receiver, speakers and sub seperately with some help from this forum.

6. MattB101

MattB101 Member

Matt
    I took into account my desire to have an outdoor home theater when I laid out and installed my outdoor speakers. Haven't gotten to the theater part but the speakers are there when I do. Buried wires and all. I used outdoor speakers from Outdoor Speaker Depot and am very satisfied. Their subs leave something to be desired but, my plan is to build one when needed. Resonably priced and great quality. It's not high end but, for outdoors in my opinion it's fine.Sent from my recliner. Retired Navy E-8