What's new

Best sound for outdoor theater? (1 Viewer)

mpjmeyer

Auditioning
Real Name
Michael
Would you suggest the sony bdv-t79 htib or purchasing denon receiver, speakers, and sub all seperate? I have read reviews on the sony bdv-t79 and most sites give this a 3 out of 5 stars.

I will be using the sound system for outdoor events when I project movies or games on the 120" screen so I want great sound. Anybody have experience with the BDV-T79?

Jim Mcc

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jim
Great sound and HTIB do not go together. Buy a receiver, speakers and sub. Every time you use it outdoors you're going to set up, then remove a 5.1 system and projector? That's going to get old REAL quick.

Real Name
Swaroop
I purchased sony bdv-t79 htib before I knew about this Forum. I was terribly dissappointed by its sound. Thanks to Amazon return policy. I returned it and purchased receiver, speakers and sub seperately with some help from this forum.

MattB101

Auditioning
Real Name
Matt
I took into account my desire to have an outdoor home theater when I laid out and installed my outdoor speakers. Haven't gotten to the theater part but the speakers are there when I do. Buried wires and all. I used outdoor speakers from Outdoor Speaker Depot and am very satisfied. Their subs leave something to be desired but, my plan is to build one when needed. Resonably priced and great quality. It's not high end but, for outdoors in my opinion it's fine.Sent from my recliner. Retired Navy E-8

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks