1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Best Sirius "Plug & Play" Receiver?

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones / Entertainment' started by Chad, Nov 6, 2004.

1. Chad

Chad Member

In terms of sound quality and overall features? I've been leaning primarily towards the Sportster based on positive reviews and the upcoming boombox.

2. MichaelPR

MichaelPR Well-Known Member

Got the sporster on Friday at Best Buy with $30 rebate.. I think it's great. I can't wait for Stern!!

3. JasonTil

JasonTil Well-Known Member

I just purchased the new JVC plug n play at Best Buy. I love the size and shape of it due to the way that I've got it mounted on my dash. The only problem is that it has 18 presets as opposed to 30 on the previous model. Believe it or not, those 12 presets make a significant difference.

4. BillAtkinson

BillAtkinson New Member

I just purchased the Audiovox SIR-PNP3. I bought two docks, one for each car. I'm very pleased with the ease of use. The docking station mounts provide very flexible mounting options. I mounted the antenna on the dash of both vehicles and have full signal anywhere that I've traveled so far.

The only issue I've had, which I'm sure goes with all units with an FM modulator, is finding a noise free FM station.

I'm so happy with the unit, perhaps its just Sirius in general, that I'm considering purchasing a second unit for the wife's car, because I don't want to be without it.

5. Mike Schmitt

Mike Schmitt New Member

I just got the Audiovox PNP3 as well; incredibly cheap on Ecost, but they're backordered, so i'm paying for the savings with the extra wait. I had my mother buy me the home kit for christmas, and can't wait O:)

6. BillAtkinson

BillAtkinson New Member

In my opinion, its worth the wait. I've had mine now for four weeks. I haven't listened to the FM radio since.... Honestly, I can't think of anything I don't like about the radio....

7. Michael St. Clair

Michael St. Clair Well-Known Member

I suspect that if you are using the line-out on the PNP, that they all sound about the same. I'm not convinced there is a true 'audiophile' unit (which would be somewhat pointless given the compressed audio of the source broadcast).

8. BillAtkinson

BillAtkinson New Member

Actually I'm using the FM modulator. It was the easiest way to get it working. I have a tremendous about of electronic equipment installed in my "company" car. Even finding a spot for the PNP was a bit of a challenge, but I ended up finding a nice home for it.....

9. Michael St. Clair

Michael St. Clair Well-Known Member

If I can fit a somewhat bulky PSP2 in my Miata, any car can handle Sirius and XM. [​IMG]