What's new

Best Setup for around $1200 (2 Viewers)

Klipsch21

Auditioning
Real Name
Jesse
Im finishing a room in the basement for myself (I'm only 17). I need a complete sound system for my room. The room is going to be 12' x 14'. I want to be able to use it for music and movies. The $1200 has to cover everything sound related - Speakers, Receiver, amp, sub, etc. I would like to maybe do some inwall speakers since they would be out of the way. But if they are not going to sound as good as other speakers, I dont have to have them. Im basically starting from scratch, so any suggestions would be appreiciated.

lenbo

Auditioning
Real Name
Len
If the room is only 12' x 14' with no adjacent room openings the Hsu Performance 3 system with a yamaha receiver would make anyone proud. You would be able to have high quality sound and very high sound levels in that room. Check out onecall.com for the pricing on the receivers. :emoji_thumbsup:

Arthur S

Senior HTF Member

Hi Jesse

I also like the HSUs...however, in some recent discussion of some of the very best small bookshelf speakers CurtisSC has advised me that the AV123 Onix Reference X series (x-ls) are some of the best small bookshelves around...I am on the verge of ordering the X-Sub in White Shadow Maple...you might want to consider an X series system...4 x-ls bookshelf speakers the x center and the x sub with a Pioneer 816 (set to 80Hz Crossover) would be a beautiful and pretty damn good system for a small to medium sized room.

Klipsch21

Auditioning
Real Name
Jesse
How good are the x-sub from AV123? I'v been reading alot of good things about SVS cylinder subs. Would they compare the those?

CurtisSC

Screenwriter
Hey...put me on the spot why don't you? :) For sound quality, I would go with an Ascend setup made up of CBM-170SE's and a Hsu sub.

That said, the X-LS is a nice speaker and a great value as well. I have not heard the X-sub though.

Arthur S

Senior HTF Member

Hi Curtis

I didn't mean to put you on the spot :)

I thought that the Ascend might sound a little better, however, I have a particular appreciation for beauty rather than the ultimate in sound quality, all things considered...thanks for the additional help.

ScottyH

Agent
Real Name
Scott H
I second the Ascend/hsu setup! I wouldnt worry about anything being to bright considering your forum name is Klipsch. IMO Klipsch are the brightest speakers i have auditioned.
I am a very proud owner of Ascends and I have auditioned many speakers in your price range.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks