1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Best price on a decent HDMI to DVI cable?

Discussion in 'Displays' started by BrianS, Aug 17, 2004.

1. BrianS

BrianS Well-Known Member

I was looking to connect my new Voom box to my smaller HD with HDMI to DVI since the Voom only has DVI. I was looking at Best Buy and was shocked to see these cable going for around 150 big ones! They only carry the Monster brand so I know a lot of that price is the name.

Anyone had any luck here finding good quality HDMI to DVI cables for a reasonable price? This is for a Philips tube HD so it is nothing fancy. Thanks!

2. BrianS

BrianS Well-Known Member

Oops...Sorry but I did not see the "Tweaking, Connections" section until it was too late. Moderator, please move if necessary. Thanks!

3. Bill Will

Bill Will Well-Known Member

Off hand I can't remember the name of the outfit that has them at a low price, around $20.00 but if you check under the "Incredible New Sanyo HDTV" over at www.avsforum.com you will be able to find it. The post is huge though so it may take some time to find the outfit.

4. Seth_L

Seth_L Well-Known Member

I ordered one (6 foot for $20 + S&H) from STSI.com I haven't gotten it yet (ordered on Sunday), so I can't comment on the quality or anything yet.

5. SimiA

SimiA Well-Known Member

6. Darrel McBane

Darrel McBane Well-Known Member

7. Dave_Olds

Dave_Olds Well-Known Member

on eBay there is a company called HDTV Supply. Pretty reasonable, takes paypal and ships same day....

8. Bill Will

Bill Will Well-Known Member

Seth, that's the outfit I was was thinking of [​IMG] and from what I understand people who have bought this cable from them are pretty happy with the results.

9. Seth_L

Seth_L Well-Known Member

I got my $20 6' cable and it works fine.

10. BrianS

BrianS Well-Known Member

Thanks for the links & opinions! I went ahead & ordered the $20 gold plated cable from stsi.com since some of you mention good reviews. $20 is much easier to swallow than $150!