What's new

Best of the British Floorstanders? (1 Viewer)

fletcherS

Auditioning
Hi all, would like it very much if somebody can give me some insights into these British speaker makes. Receiver is Marantz 7300. Which are the best match and value for money? Thanks a lot

Mordaunt Short MS914
Acoustic Energy Evo 3
Monitor Audio Bronze4

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
The Mordaunts are the best match, no question. I have 902s with a PM7000 and they sound great together. Not sure if it will be the best value of the bunch, but their pricing seems to be pretty decent for what you get.

gregD

Second Unit
Monitor Audio + Marantz has always been a pleasing match to me, but I've not auditioned the Bronzes... it might be the only model I haven't heard.

All MA products I've listened to are great with detail and imaging, have a nice fit-n-finish factor, and are not over-priced. Even with lower-powered Marantz receivers (SR-5000), they seem to perform well.

ChrisAG

Supporting Actor
I have Mordaunt-Short MS 906s with my Marantz SR6200.

The combination sounds FANTASTIC.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I used my 902s with an SR5000 and it actually sounded just about as good as my PM7000. The MSs have excellent build quality, though the veneers could be better looking. The aluminum driver baffles are very cool. The crossovers are well tailored to the drivers. The aluminum tweeters don't have a hint of harshness. You can tell the midrange drivers are metal as well when listening, but they don't create a distracting coloration, just sound a bit on the brighter side.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hemolens
Recent bookmarks