What's new

Best NYC PIZZA!!!! (1 Viewer)

howitzer

Auditioning
Real Name
Howard
Ok guys and gals. Lets hear the comments on the best pizza in NYC!!!

Here's mine:

Best slice goes to: Joe's on Carmine Street in the Village.

Best coal fired oven pie: Lombardis on Mott & Spring in Little Italy

Best Wood Fired oven pie: No 28 on Carmine Street.

Best pie: John's Pizza on Bleecker Street.

Trey Fletcher

Second Unit
Yeah, but the best pizza in the country is found here in Phoenix:

:)

http://www.azcentral.com/ent/dining/...izza14-CP.html

htf_images_smilies_yum.gif

Christ Reynolds

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ
wait, how can something be the best if it isn't in NYC? i thought everything in NYC was better. :)

i'll be damned if i've ever had better pizza than Al's Pizza in Plymouth, MA.

CJ

Chu Gai

Senior HTF Member
The 'squares' at Spumoni Gardens on Avenue X in Brooklyn are to die for. They're just not made the same, literally, anywhere else. People wait in line in the winter outside just to get them.

Also in Brooklyn, Totonno Pizzeria on Neptune Ave. makes a mighty fine conventinal one.

Jassen M. West

Supporting Actor
I drive an hour and a half just to get Arthur's Famous Pizza in Bridgeport, CT at least every other month.

Tommy G

Screenwriter

Christ, I have to try that as I am only about 20 min from there but I am somewhat skeptical. I have had pizza from all over and I do agree that NYC has the best pizza (even better than Rome and Venice Italy!!!). Best pizza I ever had was in Rockville Centre, NY (a little dive place on Long Island that I don't remember the name of but right down the street from Mercy Medical Center). Close seconds go to Glennville Pizza in Greenwich, CT, Colony Grill on Myrtle Ave in Stamford, CT and John's on Bleecker which has already been mentioned.

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
A friend of mine gets a couple pies to go whenever he visits his grandmother in brooklyn. He actually splits the pie up, wraps the slices and brings them back upstate in a cooler.

NO one around here knows how to make pizza anymore.

Chris

Senior HTF Member
It's all really based on what you like. Best Pizza I've ever had was in nowhere, Louisiana. But, that's because it was how I like it (nice sauce of creole & BBQ, shrimp & the fixin's :)

Pizza is one of those things that everyone has a different taste for. I do enjoy NYC pizza, Chicago Pizza, etc.. and it's all about different styles and tastes. Never found one I'd say is exclusively the best.

Shane Martin

Senior HTF Member
Interestingly enough the best pizza in the US is constantly rated as a few shops in Connecticut. I can't remember specifics but I'll have to go dig it up.

I had a slice at Joe's in the Village on the last visit. The place here at home(marios new york style) in Tulsa is awful close. He said the main difference was the water and I've heard that several times from other NY style places.

Don Giro

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Don

They got shut down by the Board of Health the other day, for having a sink too close to the food prep area, or something, and for some holes they found that might indicate mice. But, DAMN, do they have awesome pizza.

If you're familiar with the corner of 9th St. and 6th Ave, there used to be a great pizza place right across the street from the PATH entrance. It's been gone since the late 80s (I think), but it was the best, most homemade tasting pizza I've ever eaten. There was another great one across the street from the Nokia Theater (when it used to be Loew's Astor Plaza). Dumpy looking place, unbelievably delicious pizza. Great, now I want pizza. Good thing I'm in NYC at the moment.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
Jassen and Tommy, have you ever had Pizza from New Haven CT? That is HARD CORE Italian!!! Some of the best around.

Don't believe me? Bill Clinton used to frequent one down there and that man knows his junk food! :D

Stan

Senior HTF Member
You guys are lucky living on the east coast. I'm on the west coast and we have crap for pizza.

Doesn't matter where you go, everything is boring, americanized, dumbed-down and generic so the Joe Six Pack family can tolerate it.

Best pizza I've ever had was in a small restaurant about 20 miles outside of Rome, many years ago. For about the past 10 years I've made my own from scratch. Takes some time, but way better than anything you can get commercially.

Christ Reynolds

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ
I grew up in Plymouth, but I'm also about 20 minutes away (East Wareham), and I make the drive about once every 2 weeks just for Al's. it's unique pizza, it may not be your favorite, but i've never had anything like it. most town "house of pizza" places seem to have the same recipe, but Al's is great. the rest of his menu is nothing special though.

CJ

Jassen M. West

Supporting Actor
Off topic a little but I have kind of a funny west coast food story. I was in California for 2 weeks of job training about a month ago. After being out there a few days I was having a hard core craving for some good ol' East coast food. Either a pizza or some clam chowdah! We went to a restaurant and on the menu they had "New York" style pizza and "New England" clam chowder. When I asked the waitress how they were she looked straight at me and said. "Dear, I'm from the East coast and this place should be embarrassed to serve those two dishes" So I stuck with a burger.

Chris

Senior HTF Member

I think I know where you are talking about. That is some good slices..

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
Rememeber the Entourage episode when Turtle had those east coast pizzas delivered overnight to the guys at the house.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks