What's new

Best ninja movies? (1 Viewer)

Shaun

Second Unit
Hey, isn't the girl that stars in Ninja III: Domination, the same girl that was in Breakin 2: Electric Boogaloo?
Don't forget Surf Ninjas! :)

Jacinto

Second Unit
Real Name
Jacinto
What a great thread! I will just repeat that Sho Kosugi kicks ass. Also look for his 9 Deaths of the Ninja, which also has some fight scenes involving his sons Kane and Shane.

The AmericanNinja movies were so bad that we filmed a whole series of home movies satirizing them, and even one that was a healthy 60 minutes long when edited entitled "Mexican Ninja: the Motion Picture". Someday I need to transfer those to dvd.

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
I'm gonna bring up Ninja Scroll again. Best Ninja movie I've ever seen. That fight with the blind ninja is mesmerizing.

Paul Sandhu

Supporting Actor
I felt that 3 Ninjas was good... it sequels however were not, well the second one is much better than the third... I mean Hulk Hogan? C'mon.

Is there a difference between Karate and Ninja movies?

Diallo B

Screenwriter
Is there a difference between Karate and Ninja movies?
yes. simply because someone performs martial arts does not make them a ninja.

ninjas are skilled in the arts of ninjitsu and stealth. they were used in early japan as assassins. their art and history is clouded in mystery as only those that earn the right to know the deal actually know the deal.

or that is the theory behind ninja mythology anyway.

I don't know why anyone didn't mention this movie. "9 Deaths of the Ninja" It's pretty cheesy and I don't think that it meant to be, but it was a favorite movie I used to watch many many times during my childhood. I went through a ninja theme this, as well as the "American Ninja" movies were among my faves. There were others, but these were the only ones that really stuck out. I'll add more if I can think of them.

costanza

Auditioning
Real Name
costanza
Originally Posted by Shaun /forum/thread/54695/best-ninja-movies/60#post_2395312

Hey, isn't the girl that stars in Ninja III: Domination, the same girl that was in Breakin 2: Electric Boogaloo?

Don't forget Surf Ninjas!
tt0087805
www.imdb.com/title/tt0087805/

Although the plot is kind of shallow, it's fun to watch and some fight scenes are really cool

You can check the trailer here:

costanza

Auditioning
Real Name
costanza
Originally Posted by Mark Murphy /forum/thread/54695/best-ninja-movies/60#post_2400939
Yes it is most certainly her, the immortal Lucinda Dickey. she played Special K, partner to Turbo and Ozone!
yes, the imdb confirms it: www.imdb.com/title/tt0087805/
The plot of Domination is kind of shallow, but the movie is fun to watch and some fight scenes are cool. You can see the trailer here:
www.ninja-gear.net/ninja-movies/some-of-the-best-ninja-movies
I must mention The Black ninja. This movie is so trashy, it's actually funny

Steve_Tk

Senior HTF Member
The Last Samurai had a pretty good scene with ninjas (but not a ninja movie), my favorite part of the movie. Especially the fighting inside the building where Katsumoto was fighting with two swords against the ninjas. I remember wondering if there were other films out there that had that technical of fight scenes.

bleedspeed

Auditioning
Real Name
sho nuff
this forum helped me greatly. first i was trying forever to figure out the name of that ninja movie with christopher lambert. it is sick. and second it helped me to complete my ultimate super ninja movie collection of sho kosugi movies.
revenge of the ninja
ninja III the domination
9 deaths of the ninja
pray for death
enter the ninja
now that is a 420 party favor!

and well to give a little back. its not a movie as much of an epic anime/ova. "sword of the stranger" if you have not seen this just watch it you will thank me.
also i think technically speaking ninjas are in fact samurais. only in black because they were payed stealth assassin's. so this thread should in fact include a few more samurai films most of all i would like to add "seven samurai" this is kurosawa's masterpiece. plan on a four hour stretch without blinking because you just cant miss a scene.(keep your visine handy). never has any film even today came close to capturing the raw realism of life for samurai at the time of there decline. this movie is timeless. buy the criterion collection remastered bluray. and wonder why with todays technology no one could ever match this film.

thank god for ninjas!

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Fun read! I recall watching "Ninja III: The domination" way to many times in the old VHS day. Mainly because the parents didn't know there were boobs in it. Ah, those pre-internet days! :P

Was there actually an Ninja or Ninja II?

SWFF

Screenwriter
Real Name
Shawn Francis
For anyone who gets the THIS channel, on December 15th, you can watch PRAY FOR DEATH at 11 pm, and then on December 16th, there's the double feature of ENTER THE NINJA at 5 pm, REVENGE OF THE NINJA at 7pm, and then a repeat viewing of ENTER THE NINJA at 9pm. THIS channel, unfortunately, runs commercials, so the movies will be edited for time. MGM owns PRAY FOR DEATH and ENTER THE NINJA. They commonly run the R-rated version of PRAY FOR DEATH on cable. There is an unrated version, hope MGM eventually releases it someday. I haven't seen any of these since I was a kid. They were popular among me and my friends when we were in high school.

Michael Elliott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Elliott
PRAY FOR DEATH is on Netflix streaming for those with that service. REVENGE OF THE NINJA too. Hopefully NINJA III will show up soon.

THIS shows some great movies but sadly they're cut for content and time.

SWFF

Screenwriter
Real Name
Shawn Francis
Streaming movies ain't my thing, nor am I set up for that. I still prefer my movies on a physical disc that comes with cover art and that I can insert into machine. I can wait until this streaming stuff becomes the norm, until it eclipses physical media, then I will grudgingly get on board. Assuming it's in my lifetime. I do agree, though, that THIS channel sucks on a certain level with their commercials, but, at this moment, I'm just interested in view those ninja movies to see if they still live up their memories.

Found some cool pics from PRAY FOR DEATH. Man, I hope this movie still holds up for me.

ad4f7cd9_PRAYFORD-still-001-x.jpg

12a10b3d_PRAYFORD-still-004-x.jpg

a9deb3bf_PRAYFORD-still-009-x.jpg

Michael Elliott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Elliott
Shawn, if you have Netflix then you can watch them online as well. I haven't seen any of these movies since I was REALLY young but I do plan on a PREY/NINJA III double feature at some point in the upcoming weeks. I'm not sure if what Amazon and Netflix has are uncut though. I believe someone said N3 was shown uncut on either Showtime or one of those stations.

I was always shocked MGM never released these back in the day when they were releasing EVERY action movie from the 80s. A double feature seemed like the perfect way to release them.

SWFF

Screenwriter
Real Name
Shawn Francis
I don't have Netflix, renting doesn't interest me anymore. I used to do it when I was young, but that's just not where my interests lie anymore when it comes to movies. Cable is good enough for me. The only Sho Kosugi flicks I know of that are on DVD, are RAGE OF HONOR (Full Frame), REVENGE OF THE NINJA, which is uncut, but full frame, and PRAY FOR DEATH from
172d05bc_476660bh.jpg

90aad170_476662bh.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks