What's new

Best ninja movies? (1 Viewer)

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
Chuck, if I could remember the name of the movie, it would've been one of my replacements in the AFI revote. :)
~T

Chris Lynch

Stunt Coordinator
I liked ninja movies back then, along with the breakdancing movies and the cousin of the ninja movie, the Chuck Norris movie.

Thanks for the link to that site. I laughed so hard I almost kicked myself in the face.

Justin Doring

Screenwriter
"Um, can we get back to something that Thi Them said for a second? Am I to understand that somewhere out there is a movie that contains nude women playing volleyball and ninjas? Sweet heavens why haven't I heard of this?!?!"
ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!:laugh:

Kachi Khatri

Second Unit
Real Name
Jay
OK..I'm reviving this thread and I need some help to name a movie.

I also watched a few Ninja movies back in the eighties and there were a few good ones as mentioned in this thread.

I need to remember the name of one of those movies and I believe it does have Sho Kusugi in it.

The only scene (early part of the film) that I remember is a couple making out and a ninja dressed in usual black outfit comes and kills them (not sure how) maybe shooting his bow and penetrates the guy's back and his lover.

Which movie was that one?

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
My friends, I have found it! And, yes, it is available on DVD. The only movie that contains Ninjitsu and nude volleyball: Ninja Academy.

~T

Jacob McCraw

Stunt Coordinator
Leave it to HTF. NOW I see why it was called Ninja III: Domination! And to think of all the misery I put my Mom through asking her to find out where Ninja I and II were. I'll have to let her know we can begin speaking again. I too was a karate taking kid when I saw a bunch of these movies. I always loved the opening of Ninja III the best of any of the flicks, but as someone else said, I might not be able to stand it now.

Bhagi Katbamna

Supporting Actor
I loved Enter the Ninja (Franco Nero). I remember that there was a lot of comedy along with over-the-top violence in it.

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
Ditto on the opening of Ninja III. That guy just wouldn't die! I am going to actually seek it out.

--

H

MikeFR

Supporting Actor
Now I'm gonna have to see if there are any Ninja movies at the video store. I used to love these when I was a kid.
Ninja Academy sounds awesome! ;)

Jacob McCraw

Stunt Coordinator
OK, so I broke down and bought Ninja Academy from an Amazon Marketplace seller for $6.62 shipped. I was then told that if I liked this film, I'd probably like the films of Jane Campion. Looks like a double feature with The Piano is in order!:laugh:

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
Remember, I never said anything about that movie being good. According to the IMDB user reviews, it's one of the worst movies you'll see. :laugh:
~T

ChuckSolo

Screenwriter
There was a movie titled "The Hunted" made back in the '80s starring Christopher Lambert which was one of the most excellent "ninja" type movies during that time. It had a "ninja" vs. "Samurai" theme and had some great fight choreography. The film is NOT to be confused with the 2003 film "The Hunted" starring Tommy Lee Jones and Benicio Del Torro.

Diallo B

Screenwriter
the hunted is the best american made ninja movie.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0113360/...2;ft=27; fm=1
The Hunted (1995)
Directed by J.F. Lawton
Writing credits (WGA)
J.F. Lawton (written by)
Genre: Action (more)
Tagline: He's trapped in a world where killing is an art and revenge is an obsession (more)
Plot Summary: Paul is on one of his many business trips to Tokyo, as a computer-chip executive from New York, when he meets a beautiful and mysterious woman... (more)

Max Knight

Supporting Actor
On the more serious ninja movie tip, Shinobi No Mono is supposed to be quite good. I have a copy that I have not gotten around to watching yet. It's a black and white Japanese film made in the 60s (I think), and is supposed to be quite accurate in many respects.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hemolens
Recent bookmarks