What's new

Best Multi-Channel amplifier under U$2000,00 (1 Viewer)

JohMabe

Stunt Coordinator
I've checked out the Anthem MCA-5, the Rotel and the Parasound. What other brand and models would you guys recommend? Or you would recommend getting another stereo system and going 4 speakers only?

JohMabe

Stunt Coordinator
Apparently they are out of it. Anyway, it seems a little off my price range. Any others?

Yogi

Screenwriter
My favourites are B&K (new/used), Rotel (new), Classe (used) and Parasound (new) in your price range. All have a nice and smooth laidback sound which will be musically satisfying for years (and ears) to come.

MHO.

Christopher_Ham

Stunt Coordinator
Check out the ATI amps. They are built like tanks and have the best customer service I have ever dealt with, plus, I love the sound!!

MichaelDDD

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mike
Why no mention of Outlaw amps? I thought they were considered to be among the "good yet affordable" amps?

My budget for a 7-channel amp is under $2K as well and I'm considering Outlaw products.

Richard_B

Stunt Coordinator
Why no mention of Outlaw amps? I thought they were considered to be among the "good yet affordable" amps?
I would take a look at the Outlaw amps, I am also a little surprised no one else mentioned them as I have heard wonderful things about them. The Model 770 looks very solid at $1799 to stay under the $2000 budget.

MichaelDDD

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mike
The Outlaw 770 looks like a "best buy" for well under $2K. If I go the separates route (still undecided due to money considerations...go figure) it will be my amp, unless something better for the same money pops up.

ChrisHeflen

Supporting Actor
I am running an ATI 1505 with the Anthem Avm20. My speakers are (don't laugh) Paradigm Monitor 7's.
I love the sound. I got to borrow a Parasound 2205AT that I have been lusting after from a dealer friend of mine. This amp is according to Stereophile's guide to home theater is one of the best. Well in my system it sounded damn good.
But gone was my tight bass and the extended highs. I had a friend over when I did it and he said the same things I was thinking.
Now I'm not saying the ATI beat the Parasound. I am saying in my system I like the ATI. It is a little more forward while the Parasound is a little more rounded. If you get what I mean. They are both good and extremely powerful amps and both can be had well under the $2000.00 mark.
Just my two cents, and not written to cause a debate.

JohMabe

Stunt Coordinator
I might be going 2-channel in the end. What is the best I can get used for under $1000,00?

ChrisHeflen

Supporting Actor
Because I have $5000.00 in electronics powering $600.00 in speakers. Isn't there some over-kill going on here?
I think I did the whole thing backwards.

Rachael B

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rachael Bellomy
Chris, my system was sort'a like yours but I did live in an apartment back then,...well, I got a pair of Monitor 11's for the front and made the Monitor 7's the side speakers for M/C music. I too had nicer electronics than speakers, relatively, Marantz AV9000, Rotel 993 amp, ect. The 11's move alot more air. Best wishes!

Mat_M

Stunt Coordinator
You may also want to check out the Earthquake Cinenova Grande 5. There is a small following (including myself, John Casler, Khoa Tran, others) on this board and other boards and we LOVE this amp.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks