What's new

Directors Best Movie or TV martial artist? (1 Viewer)

Chris_Morris

Screenwriter
as for chow yun fat, i thought he did a good job in crouching tiger
I'll conceed that while, IMO, he was great in CTHD, his forte is 'gun ballet'. And he should be pickier in his roles, ie: "Bulletproof Monk", which I haven't seen, but the reviews basically say the kid from "American Pie" ruins the whole film. I would love to see Chow and Michelle Yeoh team up for "Precious Sword, Gold Hairpin".

Chris

Mike Wladyka

Supporting Actor
Chris,

Yeah, donnie yen is one of the must underrated MA actors, as is the guy who played opposite Jet Li in cradle...Mark Dascoscas...not sure about the spelling, but he is underrated as well...since no one mentioned his name yet

I heard the same thing about bulletproof monk

PS--if you do rent transporter and like it, it is only $14.44 at target

Hunter P

Screenwriter

I'm a fan of Mark Dacascos too. He was almost picked for the role of Bruce in the movie Dragon: TBLS. He also was the guy in Brotherhood of the Wolf.

Check out the movie Drive with Kadeem Hardison and Brittany Murphy. The fight scenes in that are some of the best ever put on American film.

Chris_Morris

Screenwriter
Chow Yut-fat and Michelle Yeoh are reteaming for "Mulan". Peter Pau, the Oscar-winning cinematographer for CTHD, will direct.
This movie will rock, though unfortunatly I'm sure Harvey Scissorhands will get ahold of it (though it does seem that HK filmmakers are wising up and dumping MiramAxe, so maybe Columbia will get it).

Chris

Mike Wladyka

Supporting Actor
Chris, good info about miramaxe...there is so many great movies in hk that we never get to see the way they were intended...

when is Mulan supposed to be coming out...did they start filming? Only the strong is a damn good movie...capoeira is awesome to watch...i can't believe what those guys do

i haven' seen "drive" i will have to go looking for it...

Hunter P

Screenwriter

Post back on this thread and let me know what you think. I think that movie is a hidden treasure.:emoji_thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks