What's new

best movie death scene (1 Viewer)

Christ Reynolds

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ
The Big Lebowski
when donny suffers a fatal heart attack after the battle with the nihilists. the lights from the bowling alley are the only thing left after the fade out, then they fade out, signifying donny's death (at least thats how i always saw it.) the coen brothers are amazing.

2001: A Space Odyssey
do i even have to use a spoiler tag for this one? the death of HAL sends chills up my spine every time.

CJ

Ashley Seymour

Supporting Actor
Beverly Hills Cop

Zach gets tangled up with the woodwork as he gives Axel that "I can't freaking believe this s..." look

Die Hard

Ellis "Booby" negotiates million dollar deals for breakfast, but doesn't seem to have a feel for late night smoozing with Euro Trash - hence he will not be rejoining the cast "for the rest of his life."

Die Hard

Hans Gruber tries out for Fear Factor - 15 years too early - without the aid of a bungie cord

Chris Atkins

Senior HTF Member
I don't think this is the best death scene, but it's growing on me (and I just watched it a few days ago).

The Phantom Menace

Qui-Gon's death. The reason I am starting to like it more is not necessarily that it is acted well, but that Qui-Gon asks Obi-Wan to start Anakin's training. Not a very good start for the talented young Skywalker, since Obi-Wan only agreed to train him on the request of Qui-Gon, when Qui was on his death bed.

Dennis Pagoulatos

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dennis
Actually...since someone mentioned Ep.1...

In Ep. 2, a much more stylish, and "cool" death:
Zam Wesell gets the toxic dart, then morphs back as she dies.

-Dennis

Jason Adams

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Roger Jason Adams
Oh, come on! How can you NOT mention Scarface!

He goes out on a coke-fueled rampage with a grenade launcher, shoots nearly everybody, and when he thinks hes unstoppable gets shot in the back, and takes a last dip in the fountain. And did I mention this brought the classic line, "Say hello to my little friend!"

Dave*WB

Auditioning
A classic - what great acting.

True Romance -
with Christopher Walken & Dennis Hopper and the Sicilian story!!
The death itself was nothing special, but the scene leading up to it is one of the best.

,Dave

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I won't say greatest -since there is nothing great about death- but emotionally:

Grave of The Fireflies

The death of Seita's sister, Setsuko

What's eating Gilbert Grape

The death of Grape's mother and the way he disposed of the body.

James T

Screenwriter
I've always favoured Batman and how the villians always seem to find new ways to fall off tall structures.

My fav death scene include;
Conan The BarbarianValiera's death. The ceremony afterwards and the speech Gerry Lopez gives Mako about crying

The CrowTin Tin getting all his blades stuck in his vital organs in alpha order....or when T-Bird is in disbelief when he recognizes Eric Draven

RobocopAt the end of the movie, where Robocop couldn't do anything until the big boss fired the gun holder. Then out the window he goes!

Donnie Darkothe sacrifice

The one I dislike is T2 . I kinda felt they took just too long to kill the T-1000 . We get he's gong to die. Just kill him already

Aaron Garman

Second Unit
Hello alll. I second the one from Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves . Here's some others:

Goldfinger

When Goldfinger gets sucked out of the plane window. It just looks so fake and hilarious.

Citizen Kane

Rosebud.....

AJ Garman

Scott Leopold

Supporting Actor
Although it's not actually a death scene, the penultimate scene in Pride of the Yankees is one of my favorite scenes of all time.

Some other favorites are:

Star Wars: Obi-Wan Kenobi
Bridge on the River Kwai: Colonel Nicholson

Battle Royale: Beat Takeshi's character

Die Hard: Hans Gruber, Karl, just about all the other terrorists

Dr. Strangelove: Slim Pickens

Platoon: Sgt. Elias

Andy Sheets

Senior HTF Member
Out of the Past:

Jane Greer and Robert Mitchum are driving off at the end and they start fighting over her pistol when she finds out that he double-crossed her by phoning the police and having them set up a roadblock ahead of them. She finally gets control of the gun and shoots him dead, only to look up just in time to see the cops blast her with the machineguns. A fitting end for the baddest femme fatale ever. Oh, and the bit where Mitchum's sidekick kills the goon by pulling him off a cliff with a fishing line is fun too :)

BrentPollard

Second Unit
This doesn't really belong here, but the music that plays as the Fellowship grieve for Gandalf couldn't be more perfect, it chokes me up everytime. Also when Doc Holiday in Tombstone sends Wyatt away in the sanitorium. Not really a death scene, but ya know it's comin'. :emoji_thumbsup:

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
Slightly off topic, but: what stupid kind of spoilers are the ones like this? Some of you: please give some clear indication who wouldn't like not to open it and who wouldn't have to mind at all.

And this thread not only belongs in "Polls", there already has been one like it!

Cees

P and SO

Agent
Real Name
Truls
Pretty much all of these are mentioned, but what the heck:

Fellowship of the Ring
Boromirs death

Terminator 2
Death of the T-800

The Untouchables
Malone's death

Return of the Jedi
Don't really need a spoiler for this one, do I? Anakin's death of course

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks