What's new

Best in wall speakers (1 Viewer)

Eshapiro

Auditioning
Real Name
Evan
What in wall speakers do you recommend for wiring a whole house that is being completely rebuilt, same as new construction. Also, what system would you use to control them, I,e. sonos, etc.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Pinnacle
KEF
Klipsch
Polk
BIC
Pioneer/Elite
Yamaha
Speakercraft

hundreds of others.

How do you want "control"?
Centralized location?
Each room to have an LCD screen?
What is your "multi-room" content?

Eshapiro

Auditioning
Real Name
Evan
Want to set up one room with a 70 inch tv as a theater, a smaller den with maybe a 3-1 ???, a bedroom similar to the den and want to have music around the house, about 5 other zones.

Eshapiro

Auditioning
Real Name
Evan
A local store was suggesting definitive technology and another one suggested episode. Your thoughts.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Def Tech must have been Best Buy. Episode, never seen them, don't know anybody who has them. They "look" impressive though.

Speakers are a personal preference. If you are doing 3 theaters(I have 4), you'll need 3 AVR(which ones to buy depend on what sources per room).

Those "other" 5 zones...

What is the content?
Home network?
CD?
Ipod/Ipad?
What?

Eshapiro

Auditioning
Real Name
Evan
Home network with multiple sources for music library, I.e. computer, Internet, ipod, CDs. Want to have sound and LCDs in 4 areas and sound only in an additional 4-5 zones. Maybe set up 3 of the 4 LCD areas with sound bars or play bars from sonos plus one 5-1 theater.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Sonos, while expensive, is the easiest "plug 'n play". That is why even Target sells it.

If you want a centralized server you can do all over CAT wiring. Or you you can do it WiFi.

I use, in my home, a Netgear WNDR4500. Connected to that is a NAS(audio only, I don't stream video...cause it sucks. I'll take a disc).

The NAS is accessed via "anything on the net". Laptops, Ipads, Ipods, Droid, Roku and BD players. Each of those devices is either hardwired(old-school 1/8th) or Bluetooth. My "theatres" all have either a laptop or a DLNA BD player.

There are literally 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 ways to do this.

BryanZ

Screenwriter
Best question to ask now is what is your budget for this? Given what you want to do, you may want to consult with a local home theater expert in your area.

As for brands, one I am currently migrating to is Axiom (www.axiomaudio.com) though Klipsh, Def Tech, SpeakerCraft, etc, are all good brands.

Your budget is likely in the mid five figure range and you may discover that isn't enough for what you want to do. Still go the way of the consultant here and not one from a big box store.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks