What's new

Best HTIB for under $1000 CDN (1 Viewer)

Leonard B

Stunt Coordinator
Hi. I've been given the job to put together a surround system for my wife's aunt. The budget is $1000 Cdn and must include a dvd player It must be appealing to look at (no big black boxes)and easy to operate. Any inputs would be greatly appreciated.

Marc H

Second Unit
Leonard,
This is a bit outside the budget but I'd highly recommend it. Consider the Yamaha DVXS100. Yamaha Canada just dropped the retail price from $1799.00 to $1299.00. They are Yamaha speakers and sub with it but they actually sound pretty good. The DVD player is progressive scan too using the Faroujda DCDi chip set. Looks nice too. Our shop had decided to not carry any HTB but we made an exception for this one.

Emile

Agent
For 1000 you could get a take 5.2 for around 500 or so (retail price 600), buy a decent $300 receiver (Onkyo 500?) and then spend the rest on a good dvd player (toshiba sd4800-150 or so) or a decent dvd player and accessories. Spending 1200 on a HTIB seems very contradictory to me, because for that amount of money you can put together a much better system (though the HTIB above might be the extremely rare exception).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks