What's new

Best Hopes for TV DVD's in 2011 (1 Viewer)

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
To add to my last updates to my list:

34.) Richie Brockelman, Private Eye - Rockford Files spin-off TV series.

vincefan

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Amy
Originally Posted by vincefan

The best written drama series in tv history should come out on dvd. It boggles the mind that BEN CASEY has not been released on dvd.

Ok. Let me get this straight, Bionic Woman is coming on dvd, and yet Ben Casey remains on a shelf collecting dust, along with Vince Edwards' other quality series titled Matt Lincoln. This is the definitive retro series that aired at the ridiculous hour of 7:30 on abc in 1970. Of course, it was never given a chance, and is in the genre of Mod Squad and Room 222. Matt Lincoln dealt with a psychiatrist who ran a hotline and walk-in clinic for emotionally troubled teens in 1970. The definitive 1970' series. How could abc possibly air a drama series at 7:30 and expect it to hit its target audience?. Matt Lincoln was cancelled after 16 episodes, and never given a chance in a normal drama series timeslot. It was the first tv series to deal with emotional issues in an adult manner. All episodes titles were proper names. There is also the pilot film which aired as an abc tv movie of the week titled Dial Hot Line. It was highly rated and starred Vince and Kim Hunter. Can anyone guess what series replaced Matt Lincoln? Alias Smith and Jones at the "normal" hour of 8:00!. Has anyone every heard of a drama series airing at 7:30? Well. that was the fate of Matt Lincoln. Bottom line is Vince Edwards still has a tremendous fan base since his days as Ben Casey. There is a tribute to him playing on you tube with almost 24,000 views. There is also the Mike Douglas show with Vince from Feb. 1969. I am hoping that if Ben Casey is released, distributors will see the untapped market they are reaching and release Matt Lincoln also. Unknown tv series with unknown actors are released all the time. Vince is still one of the most beloved tv actors in history. He passed away in 1996 from pancreatic cancer. He is still very much remembered and missed by his fans. He reached a whole new generation when Ben Casey aired on the Nostalgia Channel in the 1980's.

Andy Y

Grip
I'm still hoping for a remastered release of "Something Is Out There" mini-series.

If they feel compelled to include the lame series, fine I can live with that, but the mini-series is what I've been hoping for, for quite a while.

Its unfortunate that some e-bay seller is making cash off of a video taped version of the show transferred to DVD than the actual studio releasing it...

Grant100

Grip
Real Name
Grant Wallace
I'd like to finally see a release for 'Journey into the Unknown' and Season 3 of 'Night Gallery'.

Apart from that I'm pretty happy with the stuff I've got.

Fredbloggs

Auditioning
Real Name
Winifred
Originally Posted by JamesSmith

Guys, Do you think the majority of our most beloved stuff is already out on DVD? I don't know.

James

Not until the best US TV detective drama series is released - Harry O!

The best British one is already out there - Inspector Morse!

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
My votes would be for The Avengers, The Saint, and The Persuaders all on blu ray!

: )

Optimum is releasing new remastered versions of The Avengers on DVD in the UK currently.

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member
One month and one week left of 2010 before we will be in 2011. From what we know so far, what can we extrapolate from what we've heard so far.

Well, the big news so far for 2011 is the FBI from WB Archives.

There was news that the Snoop Sisters might make it out, so I think Hec Ramsey might be considered.

Still hope Salvage 1, Spy Games, and Young/New Maverick make it out. Some precious or unseen episodes in those series.

I bet the majority of the HB catalogue from the sixties to the eighties make it out on the WB lineup in 2011.

James

Robert13

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Robert
I checked with VEI about The Snoop Sisters and received an e-mail saying the tentative date right now is March 2011.

Originally Posted by JamesSmith

One month and one week left of 2010 before we will be in 2011. From what we know so far, what can we extrapolate from what we've heard so far.

Well, the big news so far for 2011 is the FBI from WB Archives.

There was news that the Snoop Sisters might make it out, so I think Hec Ramsey might be considered.

Still hope Salvage 1, Spy Games, and Young/New Maverick make it out. Some precious or unseen episodes in those series.

I bet the majority of the HB catalogue from the sixties to the eighties make it out on the WB lineup in 2011.

James

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member
Most of the news, we've gotten from various sources has been further clarification on stuff we already know about: Reboot, I'm Dicken's He's Fenster, etc, what other series do you think might come out in 2011?

I think if WB continues the trend,we might get Maverick, but it'll be a guess if it comes on the WB Archives or regular distributorship.

Can't wait to hear dates on the Lieutenent?

I should put Young/New Maverick on my list for Santa this year. Wizards and Warriors, Captain Power and the Soldiers of the Future, Spy Games, HIgh Chapparel, Garrisons Gorillas, Duck Dodgers, the final seasons of Gummi Bears, Spy Games. Sigh. I must be greedy for those of you who watched Family Guy last night, there was a lesson in not asking too much from Santa. It burns the old guy out before his time.

Wish to share any other "wishes" for Santa?

James

Nebiroth

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Richard Gregory
Virtually everything I want is out or forthcoming. The Bionic series were one of the last few along with the end of Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea.

I'd like to see Logan's Run, Fantastic Journey and Project UFO though.

And of course Batman...but not much chance of that...

Kasey

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Kasey
I hope Shout! finishes off a few loose ends: All In the Family S9, Rhoda S5, Father Knows Best S6 (reportedly coming for sure), Designing Women S5, S6 and S7.

I'd love them to pick up more stalled Sony properties too: Maude, One Day at a Time, Police Woman, Charlie's Angels S5 and The Nanny.

There were rumours of more '80s series coming from them. I wouldn't be surprised to see Who's the Boss or Diff'rent Strokes.

Randy*S

Second Unit
Real Name
Randy
Spider-man and his amazing friends, Hulk 1982 and the older marvel heroes shows.
And the rest of The Bob Newhart Show.

derosa

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Grant
Originally Posted by Randy*S

Spider-man and his amazing friends, Hulk 1982 and the older marvel heroes shows.

I've got the region 2 versions that I ordered from Amazon UK.

If they ever come out in region 1 they better fix all the Stan Lee narration,

that's my hope. It's maybe the one case I can think of where the original

as aired isn't as good as the rerun version. Many people don't know that

SM&HAF aired the first season without narration. It was added when it

got paired with the Hulk in '82. They went back and spliced in the pieces

to the first season. But that's missing in the UK versions of the dvds.

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
My wish for 2011 would be the following

1. Adam-12 (S6/S7)

2. Hawaii Five-O (S11/S12)

3. Matt Houston (S2)

4. Barnaby Jones (S2)

5. Night Gallery (S3)

6. Speed Buggy

7. New Adventures of Gilligan

8. Jabberjaw

9. Herculoids

10. SWAT (S2)

11. White Shadow (S3)

12. Baa Baa Black Sheep (Last Volume)

JoshuaB.

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jay
Twin Peaks (blu-ray)

The Wire (blu-ray)

The Outer Limits (blu-ray)

Night Gallery S3

Alfred Hitchock Presents S5

Harry-O

One Step Beyond S2

Rockford Files Movie Collection 2

more 60s Filmation Superman and Batman

HenryDuBrow

Screenwriter
Real Name
Henry.
We'd need the two Baretta seasons before it first, I guess. But I'm a bit surprised Shout!Factory haven't picked this one up, perhaps they've evaluated the S1 sales for Universal were too low. Now, if for instance we saw a new Baretta movie happening things might start.

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
Baretta I think holds the record for the longest running stalled title at what will now be *nine years*. Universal only rushed S1 at a time when it was putting out no other vintage TV programming to exploit the Robert Blake trial and I think today pushing anything with Blake would not be deemed as good economics wise.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks