What's new

Best home theater speakers for $1000 and under (1 Viewer)

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
I would also suggest you look into Paradigm. You might look at the Titans in the Performance series or the Mini Monitors in the Monitor series. I have been a happy Paradigm owner for 6 years.

I also suggest you audition speakers at more specialized stereo/home theater stores. The staff at these stores are usually more informed than those at Circuit City and Best Buy.

RayM

Agent
There are a ton of speaker companies out there and usually everyone will recommend what they run... I have Axiom speakers and they are great... very detailed.
Check them out at http://www.axiom.com

I'd go out and audition as many brands/speakers as possible and then make your decision from there.

gene c

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gene
At that price range I doubt there are any bad apples from reputable companies. It's a matter of what's right for you. Since HT is you main usage, I'd recommend you get the best center channel the brand/series you chose offers. It will be more expensive but you can save money by going with smaller fronts. For music, fronts are more critical. I'd narrow it down to 2-4 systems above your price range, and then wait for the first one you see on sale near the bottom of your range. And of course, take an audition disc with you. One you're very familiar with. If there is something particularly wrong with your present system, make sure it's not there on you're new one. Then concentrate on one aspect that's important to you. Tight bass, smooth mid-range, crystal clear highs? For me, it's Bozz Skaggs Concert DVD. If a speaker can handle his deep gravely voice it's won half the battle. Last year I looked at $1000 systems and wound up with Polk RTi6's/4's and a CSi5 for $655. The center is huge but Bozz never sounded better (for under a grand anyway). I'm no expert, but I'm happy with what I got, and what I paid for it. BTW, do you have a Goodguys near you? Out here, they have the SF-1's for $250 a pair and the SF-2's for $360. That's half off.

Chad A

Stunt Coordinator
Check out the new Wharfedale Daimond 9 series that's just been released.
All have curved enclosures, kevlar woofers, and even have a three way center added this time around which I'll be picking up soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks