What's new

Best DVD version of Santa Fe Trail? (1 Viewer)

Ray_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
R. Ray Rogers II
This film is in the public domain and as such has been released from various companies. Almost all of them are quite inexpensive though and DVDcompare.net has squat regarding them.
I've already ordered the Diamond Group Entertainment release for only $1.71 from DVDPacific.com... Any suggestions?

Ray_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
R. Ray Rogers II
I'll just make due with the version I ordered until Warners gets around to releasing it. For about $1.75 it's no big loss.
Give me a Warner release anyday...

Richard Stammer

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Richard
I wouldn't hold my breath waitng for Warners to release this. For some strange reason, Warners never even released an official version on VHS. There was a thread here several years ago that pointed to a terrific DVD version. I got it and it is great. I have compared it to Turner Home Movies' broadcast which is quite good and they look identical. It was put out by MARENGOFILMS.COM on a double bill with Abilene Town. I just checked and it is still available on their website. I'm a big Flynn fan and you can't go wrong with this transfer. Compared to all the other PD transfers, this one sparkles.

JeffO

Stunt Coordinator
I'll second the acceptability of the Marengo edition. I'm not an expert at rating audio and visual quality, but the Marengo edition didn't have any visual or audio defects that made me take notice.

Ray_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
R. Ray Rogers II
Is the Marengo version available in stores? I'm assuming it's available in retail outlets such as Suncoast, Wherehouse, MAYBE Circuit City and perhaps at Borders. There aren't any Best Buy's around me for at least 60 miles methinks. Next time I'm in Suncoast or Wherehouse I'll have them look it up. The edition I'm buying is practically a steal at only $1.71. I'm also assuming it'll be "stored" under the public domain titles in the stores.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation233
Recent bookmarks