1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Best DVD player at Best Buy?

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by Joe, May 7, 2003.

1. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

So, I've got $75 in gift certificates for BB and I need a DVD player for video only. Even beyond $75, what is the best current player at BB?

2. Chester II

Chester II Well-Known Member

The $75 to $150 dvd player range changes all the time there and I'm sure region to region. Do you need progressive output?

3. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

No progressive needed. Thanks.

4. Chester II

Chester II Well-Known Member

I would suggest any of the panasonic or phillips brands. I noticed several for under a hundred dollars that come with progressive scan (future proof for no extra money). The one important item you might consider is whether the player will take a 16:9 image and partially stretch it to fit your 4:3 screen without distorting it enough to notice. I had a friend who LOVES this feature since she uses a 20" t.v. and found unadulterated 16:9 images too small to watch. Good Luck

5. SvenS

SvenS Well-Known Member

See if any of the BB's by you have a Panasonic RP62 (without a "b" in the serial number) still in stock. These are the best $100 players out there and have the much better Sage deinterlacing chip that all the new Panasonics do not have.