What's new

Best DVD-Audio Player? (1 Viewer)

NickK

Auditioning
I am looking to upgrade my DVD player to a Multi disk one. ALso I'd like to get one with the 6 channel output for audio. Anyone have a good suggestion for one that also won't get too far into breaking the bank? I mean I don't want to sacrifice quality, but I only have so much money...:)

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Nick said:

ALso I'd like to get one with the 6 channel output for audio.
Just to get this straight, we are talking about a DVD-Audio player, meaning one that plays the hi-rez format, right? There aren't too many DVD-Audio changers out there right now, but one you might consider is the new Panasonic DVD-F85. It sells for around $150. See it at www.crutchfield.com . It is replacing the 'CP72, which is well-regarded but more expensive ($200-250). You might still be able to find the 'CP72.

Nick Graham

Screenwriter
I just picked up the F85, tis a solid player, though I won't be trying out DVD-A until later next week. Circuit City has it for $150, though since they were out of stock, they sold me their display model for $119.99. A lot of Circuit Citys still have the CP72 for sale open-box, the local one here was selling theirs for around $205.

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Nick,

Great! Odds are, the display unit is in good shape, as Circuit City couldn't have had it too long. Let us know how you like DVD-Audio.

Mike,

Crutchfield.com only lists the 'F85S, which is silver. The nice thing, at least in my opinion, is that Panasonic did away with the mirror finish, which took away from the look of the 'CP72.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks