What's new

Best console for football games? (1 Viewer)

Jeremiah

Screenwriter
I have PS1 and I want to get a better console so what should I get? I don't really want to spend more than $400 on one so what are my best options. I play only sports games and mainly football, and really don't know much about these things. I just want a game with awesome graphics and a solid game. Is PS2 THAT much better than PS1? Thanks.
PS2
x-box
dreamcast etc.

Andrew Grall

Supporting Actor
Right now, Madden 2002 on the PS2 cannot be beat. Yes, it is a WHOLE LOT better than the PSX.
However, in 18 days, NFL2k2 for PS2 is coming out. I am tempted to pick that up too, as it is looking pretty good. The PS2 also has NFL Gameday 2002 and Quarterback Club 2002, but Madden beats both of those hands down.
In the near future, the Gamecube and X-Box are coming out. The X-Box will have NFL Fever 2002 (Microsoft's game), Madden 2002, and NFL2k2. The Gamecube will have Madden 2002 and NFL2k2 (I think).
If you want to play right now, get a PS2 and get Madden 2002 or wait until Nov. 20th and get NFL2k2, or get both. If you can wait a month or two, check out what each system has to offer, and then make your move. The Gamecube might be the cheapest option as it will be $100 cheaper than the PS2 or X-Box.
FYI, I own a PS2, and I haven't decided on the X-Box or Gamecube yet.
------------------
View Dr. Grall's DVD collection

Kelley_B

Senior HTF Member
You just cannot beat NFL2k series. I would highly recommend getting either the PS2 or the Xbox for football.

Matty B

Stunt Coordinator
Right NOW the PS2 is IT. It has the best graphics of all consoles that are out, and Madden 2001 is the bomb. Here's the thing, within 30 days, 2 competetive consoles are coming out. We'll see how they are as far as HD support, because both the Gamecube and the Xbox are HD out. Back in the day, the Genesis didn't have the best graphics but it was the BOMB For sports games because it was SO fast and fluid. If Nintendo got it's act in gear, it could be the same way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks