What's new

best camcorder around $500-600 U.s. (1 Viewer)

brentl

Senior HTF Member
I'm looking for the best deal on a camcorder in Canada. My sister and her hubby aasked me about it, and although I said I don't know too much about them I figured I'd help.

Is it work it to get a 1.3 megapixel digital??

what about 3 CCD?? and why get either??

What are the more reliable brands? and what extras should I be looking at??

Most thing electronic related I'm fine with, but I'm really weak with camcorders

Thanks

Brent

brentl

Senior HTF Member
Are you guys kidding no opinions on this?

Nobody bought a camcorder recently?

pulease!

Brent

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Did you try this recent thread? It's really not that different from yours.

http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htfo...hreadid=212823

Personally, I'm far more into still photography than videography these days, so I'm not up-to-speed to offer much help. Heck, I didn't even realize you can get a 3-CCD cam for just $500-600 until reading these threads. :D

FWIW, I just use a Canon ZR40 miniDV cam that I bought 2 years ago for ~$450. If I weren't steeped into photography, I might be tempted to get a 3-CCD videocam for the $500-600 you're talking about. :D Personally, I'm finding that a good set of photographs usually tells the story much better than a good video -- and it's not easy at all to make a good video either.

One thing I'd add is give real consideration for 16x9. I doubt you'll get a true 16x9 cam though for just $500-600. I'm very disappointed w/ the 16x9 quality of my Canon ZR40 myself. Looks terrible on my 53" Panny 16x9 RPTV. I think I need to get an anamorphic lens converter for it.

_Man_

Mike LS

Supporting Actor
I bought my DV camera about 2 months ago. Really haven't gotten a whole lot of time to use it since I also bought a DRebel about the same time, but from the handful of times I've used it I'm pretty impressed.

Check out the Canon Elura Series There's no 3CCD model, but the need for that depends on your end use and the type of display you'll wind up using with it. Single chips are more than adequate for "normal" sized displays.
The 65 and 70 models also have true 16x9 chips for recording widescreen. Do some shopping and you can get the 65 for around $500.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks