1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Best Buy's IT Department: Idiots.

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by Thomas D, Sep 21, 2004.

1. Thomas D

Thomas D Stunt Coordinator

Lunch hour on the west coast. Tuesday is new media day. Not only that, but this Tuesday is when the Star Wars trilogy is released on DVD, making it probably the largest video release day of all time.

Sounds like a good time to remotely upgrade all of the software on Best Buy's cash registers, right?

If you said "yes", you're probably in charge of Best Buy's IT Department.

A buddy of mine just got back from the local BB -- he's in line with about twenty other people clutching silver and black boxes, waiting for one of the half-dozen registers that are open for the lunch crowd. That's when the cries began. "I need a manager!" "My register's down!" "Mine too!" "Manager on six!"

Luckily I picked my box set up at 11:30.

2. JustinCleveland

JustinCleveland Screenwriter

Justin Cleveland
    Wow, Bravo on that one.

3. Malcolm R

Malcolm R Executive Producer

Malcolm

Wow. It takes a special kind of manager to plan that one. I can't even imagine.

4. alan halvorson

alan halvorson Screenwriter

I have a lot of trouble with Best Buy's website also. I often, but for some reason not always, get a page telling me that my cookies aren't set. Except that they are; no other site gives me this message. So I go somewhere else.