1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Best Buy Renews My Reward Zone Membership for Free!

Discussion in 'Bargains and Deals' started by Will_C, May 7, 2005.

1. Will_C

Will_C Well-Known Member

Will
    I just got in a letter yesterday from Best Buy. They've renewed my Reward Zone membership for free, even though my expiration date is at the end of July. They also sent me a coupon for double points on any single item. I, of course, promptly went out to BB and picked up S1 of ST:Enterprise. Any one else get this in the mail? How 'bout you Frezon? I know you generally have a tough time with getting them to mail you coupons. I didn't know if it was based on spending amounts or patterns, if it's for everyone, or if it's completely random.

2. Kyle McKnight

Kyle McKnight Well-Known Member

There was the coupon a lot of us used that gave us a free membership, about a week and a half ago I think. Guess they had a lot of people not renew.

3. Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon Moderator

Ya know, Will. I made yet another big purchase at my local Best Buy a few months ago and got a Reward Zone membership because it seemed to make sense at the time.

1.) It hasn't seemed to have any impact on my status of "persona non grata" re: their "preferred customer" coupons.

2.) And, no, I did not get any letter where they are offering to renew my membership for free and give me a coupon for free double points on an item.

These people will end up driving me to the funny farm.

4. GarySchrock

GarySchrock Well-Known Member

I got this letter too. Just as well, because I personally felt somewhat gipped last time around when they sent out a bunch of special offers right around renewal time/past renewal to people and I had already paid to renu.

Now if only they'd replace the card. These things are so cheaply put together my cards been peeling almost since day 1.

5. nolesrule

nolesrule Well-Known Member

Joe Kauffman
    They sent me a new barcode sticker for my card, but no free membership renewal.

6. EricSchulz

EricSchulz Well-Known Member

Back in January (my last card expired on 12/31/04) I got a letter offering a free renewal, plus 5,000 points for opting to print the coupons online rather than mailing them. And now that they are doing deals for the card (like the cheaper price for Bob Newhart), it seems like I did the right thing.

7. Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H Well-Known Member

Greg
    I got the free renewal letter right after getting a RZ break on Magnum, the A-Team, and Bob Newhart. I thought the card was pretty worthless until all that, now I'm glad to have it.

8. Randy B A

Randy B A Well-Known Member

I just recieved this letter today. This makes 3 years straght that I have not had to pay for the membership thanks to various coupons and specials.

The initial sign up they started off with bonus points to cover the first $10 reward. The second year they sent a coupon to cover the cost, and now they renewed it just for fun. [​IMG]

9. Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon Moderator

Randy B A writes:

Why Best Buy do this? Mike don't know. Mike only pawn in game of life.

10. Ken Chui

Ken Chui Well-Known Member

If BB wants to send me a free renewal, I'll accept it; once my current card expires, I'm not going to renew. I've been frustrated by their inability to resolve the certificate mailing issue on my account; receiving only one $5 certificate in the mail in the past 6 months will do that to you. [​IMG] [​IMG]

11. Dah-Dee

Dah-Dee Well-Known Member

Just got my free renewal notice in the mail yesterday. Nice, I guess. It should be freaking free to begin with! [​IMG]

12. RickER

RickER Well-Known Member

Rick
    I got one for free when they first came out, then a free renewal a year later. Now nothing, i let the thing go. I wont spend the money on what should be free to begin with, and i did get about $30 or $40 in rebates each year i had the card. But i could have saved that just by shopping at Amazon more than BB.

13. Malcolm R

Malcolm R Well-Known Member

Malcolm
    Free year here, too!

Plus an extra 1,000 free RZ points for every post needling Frezon! [​IMG]

ka ching!

14. josh4040

josh4040 Well-Known Member

I got my free renewal in the mail today with the double points on a purchase coupon along with my fed tax refund check, a dangerous combination!
    Incidentally I paid to renew the year before, but they gave me it for free the two years prior...

15. Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon Moderator

Well, since I don't see how I can effectively needle myself, it looks like I, once again, am left on the outside looking in and miss out on getting a little "something extra" from BB. [​IMG]

Oh. Wait. That wasn't bad. Maybe I can get my bonus points after all. [​IMG]

Malcolm: Is there some "special code" you need to get the extra 1k points? [​IMG]

16. Zen Butler

Zen Butler Well-Known Member

Zen K. Butler

Now show me, paint the fence.

17. Mark Zimmer

Mark Zimmer Well-Known Member

I got my letter too. Didn't get a coupon last week, but happy to have this one. Now if they'd just let me have a replacement card for the one the BB clerk kept some months ago so I wouldn't have to go through the phone number rigamarole every time. [​IMG]

18. Robert Powers

Robert Powers Well-Known Member

I didn't renew my membership when it expired last Fall but after my membership expired they automatically renewed it for free but I lost the points that I had.

Since I had decided not to pay the $10 to renew I threw away my membership card. I called customer service but they would not re-issue me one so I always have to give my telephone number to the cashier. You would think they would send you a replacement card by request but no.

I don't spend enough money there to justify the membership fee. I have only received one $5 voucher in the last six months.

19. Andrea W

Andrea W Well-Known Member

Got my letter, too.

20. Jason_V

Jason_V Well-Known Member

Jason
    Yup, me too. Prolly gonna use it on May 24 with Batman and Superfriends coming out.