What's new

Best Buy Pop-Up ads (1 Viewer)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
The following dialogue took place in a recent HTF thread:
TonyD, on 27 Nov 2013 - 11:23 AM, said:
Speaking of ads I have been getting pop-up ads for Best Buy.
Dave Upton, on 27 Nov 2013 - 11:40 AM, said:
Tony - this was actually a bug. It should only be popping up once a day, and only for people not logged in. If you see it, please let us know.
I have been seeing this pop-up ad for a week or so. But I have also been having issues with getting logged out on a regular basis (often more than daily). So I didn't say anything about the ads.

But I have been logged in for the past couple of days and have been seeing this ad whenever I first sign in:

gallery_286742_34_630341.jpg

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
I don't see the pop-up on the computer much.

Where I do see it is on my phone everytime I have to restart the app.

When on 4G I can remain on the app indefinitely. On 2G I drop off quite a bit. Might be my network...but still annoying.

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
I see the popups at least once a day and I am always logged in.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I have seen that 2 or three times in the last 10 days, always while logged in. Havent seen it in 3 days or so.

Dave Upton

Audiophile
Reviewer
Real Name
Dave Upton
Are you all still seeing this multiple times when logged in? It's supposed to be very limited, as stated before - so we certainly don't want to be inconveniencing you.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
No, Dave, they stopped for me, too.

But I AM finding myself having to log back in nearly every day...and sometimes more than once a day onto the forum.

It goes back to a recent password change for me (facilitated by Adam) when I was traveling recently and couldn't sign in--using my "go to" password. This situation has been prevalent for me since that day.

When I click the "Sign In" button, I go to a screen that has my screen name and password pre-typed for me (both at home and work)--so it's not a HUGE inconvenience...but I'm not used to things being this way.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Dave Upton said:
Mike - I think it's probably a browser issue, but i'll check your account out to be sure.
Never mind. It WAS a browser issue. After checking my Firefox options a number of times, I finally found a "hidden" panel within the options section that somehow got changed and I was losing my log-in information every time I shut down Firefox.
speechless-smiley-034.gif

I don't know how these things happen. But they do. I just changed it and now figure I should be back in business.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Just now, on my iPad, loading HTF caused the App Store to launch and bring up a game app, Dragon City Mobile

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
Sorry I missed this. Logged out users should be getting takeover/popup ads once a session, logged in users never should are you still seeing these?

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
I keep getting "sorry HTF has stopped". Then I restart the app still logged in...but the new session causes the popup on the phone. The app only dies if I click out to something else.My laptop (no matter what browser, even Opera) never sees pop ups. I can restart the computer and I'm still logged in and pop up free.As a side note, HTF updated a bit ago so maybe the "sorry the app died" Will stop.

kihon

Grip
Real Name
Tony
Get used to it ppl. Give HTF owners a break. These guys bust their balls to put this site online FOR FREE and everyone bitches when a measly ad pops up? ;) Just give them a break and click it for them, then come back as business as usual.

Free forums like this need to pay their bills somehow.

Good job HTF! Love you guys. :wub:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks