What's new

BEST BUY E-Mail Coupon (1 Viewer)

TonyTone

Supporting Actor
Here's a question:
My Best Buy has the Pioneer 811s on Clearance for $294....in fine print at the bottom of the coupon, it says "home audio $299 and up." Do you think I have a chance in hell of them honoring this despite the $5 difference?
Unfortunately, no--if you read the rest of the "fine print", you'll see the disclaimer which mentions "clearance items" among those not valid with the coupon offer.

Tom Rags

Supporting Actor
Unfortunately, no--if you read the rest of the "fine print", you'll see the disclaimer which mentions "clearance items" among those not valid with the coupon offer.
Doh! I missed that part TonyTone....thanks for pointing it out to me :b

Oh well, I guess I should try anyhow...what the hell, right?

Jeff D

Supporting Actor
It's always a YMMV type situation with clearance and such. I was able to use a coupon like this for 10% off an open boxed item. All depends on the cashier. One said no to me, I remember I needed to go back and look for a vaccume part, when I came back up, the other line was shorter. This cashier let it fly no problem...

You should try maybe even twice if you have to. =)

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
Jeff, I was gonna say the same thing. We got an opened LCD TV at a signiifcant discount then got the 10% Preferred Customer discount, at the register, as well.

Mike Pottr

Auditioning
Thanks for the info, guess I'm going to go pick up that toshiba sd-4800 dvd player to match the new rptv I picked up.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Malcolm, Ron, Jeff:

Thanks everybody for posting the news and for offering to e-mail and post the coupon.

I just printed one up from Jeff's link!

Three guesses as to who didn't get an e-mail from BestBuy with this info?!?!?!?!?! :angry: :angry: :angry:

I've only registered at BB's web-site, engaged in lengthy and numerous correspondence with BB customer service, applied for & received a BB credit card, sent letters to BB corporate HQ on behalf of the local store manager, etc. :rolleyes

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Sorry, Mike. Perhaps the fine print offers a clue:

Limit 1 offer per coupon, per household. Coupon must be presented at time of purchase. Regularly priced movies are priced in accordance with minimum advertised pricing policies. Redeem in-store only. Offer not valid in combination with any other store offers. No copies. No Frezons. No dealers, please. Selection varies by store. Valid on in-stock items only. No rainchecks. Coupon valid 03/27/03 - 03/29/03 in the U.S.A. only. Coupon value is 1/100 of 1 cent.

:D

jeff peterson

Supporting Actor
Malcolm, LOL.

Mike, as a member of the Frezon anti-defamation league, send me a check for what you need and I'll pick it up at our local BB for you.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Mike, if it helps I didn't get an e-mail either. OTOH, I went to the link, printed off about 15 of these coupons, and started handing them out to coworkers! :D

Tom Rags

Supporting Actor
Don't forget guys, check your "Bulk Mail" or "Spam Mail" folder. That's where mine showed up. That's also where my digital coupons show up. I kind of think Best Buy intentionally flags them as Spam so that it is easy to lose them (especially with the digital coupons).

Tom Rags

Supporting Actor
Earlier we confirmed that the fine print claims that the coupon is not good on Clearance items. Thank goodness the customer service rep didn't read all of the fine print :)

I just picked up the Pioneer 811s (that I've coveted for a long time) for just $265 + tax after the clearance price of $294 with the 10% off.

I guess the moral of the story is that it doesn't hurt to try :)

This is a FANTASTIC price for this great "budget" receiver (I say budget in quotes because this thing has just about everything under the sun...DTS-ES, Neo:6, DD-EX, 5.1 pre-outs, etc).

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
No copies. No Frezons. No dealers, please.
Oh my gawd!!!

Thanks again everybody for posting!

I stumbled upon the Times-Union ad today! I cannot believe there wasn't a blue shirt outside my house this morning to remove the ad from my delivered copy of the paper! BestBuy is slipping! :D

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Gee, George......

I thought I had kept pretty good tabs on where the lengthy string of ex-wives and jilted girlfriends are all currently employed, but maybe one has donned the blue shirt just to get back at me! :D

Actually, maybe I should suspect my lovely wife of 21 years. I think she believes I spend enough money at BestBuy without getting coupons which would probably just get me to spend more! ;)

rodney wiley

Second Unit
I used the coupon last night. I was given out as I came through the door. It states on any "single" item. Well I played dumb when I got to the checkout and said Wow I thought it was for the entire purchase. I then turned to my wife and said " Baby, Lets go to Wally World" At that point the 10% was taken of of the entire purchase. Way to go Best Buy!

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Well I played dumb when I got to the checkout
I don't necessarily have a whole lot of love for these large corporations, but I do think it's rather poor form to knowingly blackmail them into giving extra discounts.

If they give it accidentally because of poorly trained or ambivalent cashiers then that's a bit different. But to knowingly violate the terms of the sale then threaten to take your business elsewhere if they don't give you the extra discount is not cool.

Sorry, Rodney. :thumbsdown:

rodney wiley

Second Unit
Wow Malcom, I wouldn't call it black mail. She had the choice NOT to give me the discount and I had to choice to go to Walmart. She made a business decision to give me what I asked for. For that reason I bought them from Best Buy instead of Walmart. Sorry you disagree but to each his own:)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks