What's new

Best Buy & Circuit City - Thanksgiving sale items (1 Viewer)

Craig

Second Unit
Link below is to Best Buy info for Thanksgiving. Two items that jumped out to me are the Mitsubishi 65" 1080P DLP TV for $1499 and the 42" Panasonic Plasma for $899 (720P).

Also linked, Circuit City. A Sharp 46" 1080P LCD for $1299 seems like a good deal. Incidentally, the 40" TV stand for $79 is a very nice item, looks good, very sturdy and is easy to assemble. It says it's a plasma stand, but it'll hold a dlp set with no problem. I paid $134 about a month or so ago for it.

Edit: One thing to find out, is whether the sales actually start Thanksgiving Day. If so, by black Fri. the real deals are likely to be sold out. I think Best Buy is advertising their sale starts Thursday.

(Admin note - Black Friday ad links should be posted after 11/21/07)

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Replace CC with BB and that is my sentiment exactly. I hate shopping on BF but BB has a deal that I don't think I can pass up.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
The CC in my area has 5 registers in the entire store so on Black Friday, it turns into a nightmare wrapped in a night terror. :) The BB in my area has at least 12 registers so they can get people out the door.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
just be glad you won't be working in bb black Friday.
:/

Will_B

Senior HTF Member

My nearest City City recently got rid of its registers, and now the only way to buy stuff is to go to the Customer Service counter. Maybe they're trying to tell us something.

Despite this, I may try to get Weeds Season 2, and possibly Criminal Minds Season 1, depending on how early in the morning the doors open.

Echo 7

Agent
Real Name
Carlos A. Burgos

Okay gents unless this CC Ad is Bullshit..the Sharp 1080P LCD for $1299 is a steal..that TV is going for a tad over $2k. I spoke with a buddy that works for PC Richards & Son's and he advised that if this is true I should buy three of them!!! So We shall see if this becomes true!!

Anyone know what time you have to be on line at CC to get a ticket..or how that will work. I would hate to get up at 3:00 like BB is supposedly going to give out tickets at the time even thought they will not open up until 5:00.

ARRGGHHH...oh well

Lets hear it!!

Regards,

Echo 7

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Back when I was in college, I worked at a BB on Black Friday and we didn't even show up until 3 AM (to put up sale signs, etc.) and they didn't give out tickets until about 30 minutes before the store opened. That being said, I have no idea how it works today.

At 3 AM when we arrived, there were already about 5 people that had been out waiting in line since the night before so plan accordingly. :)

Jeff Meyers

Supporting Actor
If there were 5 people in line at 3am at my local Best Buy On BF I would be very happy.

I've checked it out for the past 3 years around 9pm to 11pm on Thanksgiving night and there were already 40 to 60 people in line each time. It's been like a huge party out there. I've seen RV's / Camping Trailers and tents in the parking lot. I've stayed well clear of BB on BF morning.

I have no idea of what to expect at CC, but I'm guessing that past experiences have varied widely depending on location, weather, deals, and who knows what else.

Viper

Second Unit
Real Name
Joe Fisk
I hope there's some kind of bargain on 1080P HD-DVD players somewhere. I'd still like to get one this year. Although, if I don't hear a release date for Dirty Harry or something else really worthwhile soon, I'm going to be rather unhappy. I can't believe some of the shit being rereleased on HD/BD while so many big hits are still being ignored.

Echo 7

Agent
Real Name
Carlos A. Burgos
i just got my Toshiba HD DVD A3 Player at Sears for $179.99...and then I hear CC will have it at $169.99 on Black Friday.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
yeh, but I wouldnt think all the hassle of bf would be worth the 10bucks.

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
How does Circuit City stock its LCD tvs? Will there be a pile of boxes to grab one from, or does one have to grab a worker, or what? Perhaps I haven't looked closely enough (and I will visit soon) but it seems there are many LCDs on display but I've never noticed any boxes of them.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
CC usually has a big warehouse next to the retail store, and they have a pickup area for the big items, so you just pull up your car, or have it delivered by them (probably pay a little extra). Otherwise, for the smaller stuff, it shows up at the customer service desk on their little conveyor belt system.

Echo 7

Agent
Real Name
Carlos A. Burgos
I am still wondering about the Sharp 46 1080P for $1299. ..hope this is true because then I will get one for sure!! Anyone have an inside info other than what was posted ??

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
Echo, if you're looking for discussion about the merits of that particular LCD, you really should visit avsforum.com -- http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/

But if you're just looking for price info, you won't find it there because for no good reason avsforum bans discussion of prices. But one way to get a sense of what a set really costs is to check places with fair prices like Costco and see what it sells for there. Check NewEgg.com too. Don't go by prices from retailers like Best Buy, since Best Buy is usually hundreds more. Check sites like epinions.com to get a sense of what less reputable places sell it for (even if you'd never buy from some obscure place in Jersey).

And then ultimately bear in mind the chances of you being first in line are so slim as to make all this preparation rather pointless.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation482
Recent bookmarks